cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB/OculusVR vs Zenimax, trial date

saviornt
Protege
Trial date has been scheduled for Aug 1, 2016 (next year). My question is this.. will it be televised or recorded in VR? Oculus should so do that, and make a "Pay-per-view" channel imo. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I am by no means a lawyer or involved in law, however, would this raise the possibility of Zenimax filing an injunction against Facebook / Oculus from releasing the CV1 until the trial is over?
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG
5 REPLIES 5

Zandil
Rising Star
"saviornt" wrote:

In all seriousness though, I am by no means a lawyer or involved in law, however, would this raise the possibility of Zenimax filing an injunction against Facebook / Oculus from releasing the CV1 until the trial is over?

I'm not sure but, if they allow the CV1 to go to sale that's more profit they could tap into if the case goes Zen's way, so might be in zen's favor to allow the CV1 to go to sale.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will personally march on Zenimax's corporate headquarters, armed to the teeth, if the manage to screw over CV1.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/2976 ... h-through/
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

VizionVR
Rising Star
I'm no lawyer either, but in this case I doubt the courts would allow a pre-trial injunction.

Having been on the receiving end of a multi-m$ lawsuit, I can tell you it will probably suck being John Carmack for the few months during deposition and trial.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
Yeah, an injunction really doesn't work in anyone's favor, Oculus wants the CV1 to be a success for obvious reasons, and Zenimax does too so they can get a piece of the biggest pie possible if they win. They might try for an injunction if they had a competing technology that they didn't want to get overshadowed, but that's not the case here. If Oculus fails, then Zenimax has very little to gain for their troubles.