cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBox One compatibility

Steve3D
Honored Guest
Consoles'video games is at least half of the video game market. I would only buy a Rift if i can use it with my XBox, does anyone know if it will be possible.....
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it will. Steve Jobs officially announced it yesterday.

darren
Honored Guest
Microsoft suddenly became an amicable company.
"Collecting user blood samples is critical for the operation of the device. We have struggled with our ability to communicate our vision about how user blood sample collection is the future of VR gaming." - Microsoft

barath
Honored Guest
No official word has been said about console support and if they do it probably won't be for a very long time. I doubt microsoft will allow the rift anyways since that would dig into their Illumi room project. That and nobody even knows if the consoles could handle it since the consumer rift will be 1080p maybe higher and has to be 60FPS which a few games like BF4 have already stated that their next gen games will still be 720p.
Click, like & follow development. https://www.facebook.com/Guile3d

Madaras
Expert Protege
"regularslinky" wrote:

:twisted: you are evil :lol:

ReT
Honored Guest
"Madaras" wrote:
"regularslinky" wrote:

:twisted: you are evil :lol:

Don't mock him - it's true :roll:
..Steve announced it at Sony's next E3 conference :ugeek:

Madaras
Expert Protege
Steve Jobs
Born: February 24, 1955, San Francisco, CA
Died: October 5, 2011, Palo Alto, CA

Not to mention "Apple" :?

If I need say more then ..........

Vin
Explorer
The Oculus Rift is a PC peripheral. The target market right now is solely PC. Game consoles have an extremely long history of being incompatible with PC devices, with some rare and recent exceptions of a few select USB devices these days. The decision to support the Rift comes from the console makers and the console developers.

Madaras
Expert Protege
"vin" wrote:
The Oculus Rift is a PC peripheral. The target market right now is solely PC. Game consoles have an extremely long history of being incompatible with PC devices, with some rare and recent exceptions of a few select USB devices these days. The decision to support the Rift comes from the console makers and the console developers.

@OP personally I'm more hopeful than that. The console and PC wars have been waged here and there. I see a lot more hope for the Oculus Rift coming to consoles. For 1 what's been put on the market for gaming VR have been underwhelming so far, but not with the Rift. Because it's the first in the market to come out with a concept and product that has received such great public and private funding and will likely be the first to come out with an amazing consumer product, plus with content being tirelessly made for it by independent developers with a hope of riding the Oculus wave as well as for personal enjoyment. I see the revenue that consoles can make working with getting their systems compatible with the Rift to irresistible. There are questions on if these consoles have the performance aptitude to successfully work with good quality using the Rift. The hardware has been greatly upgraded from the original PS3 to the PS4. I'm unsure about XBox one, but the hope for that is less likely due to the bad reviews it's hard thus far, also it depends on Microsoft's attitude towards Oculus which at the moment is unknown whereas Sony's opinion is widely known as favorable.

DericLee
Honored Guest
Sony's opinion may be favorable, but only in the sense that they are using the Rift to help make their own version(s).

I mean come on, they are a hardware company, they all ready have all the resources needed to do this.

Why would they go a route that would cost them money every step of the way, rather then go the route that would let them be in control of the device and licensing?

Just look at their history....