Unwelcome Presence - Ludum Dare 33 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unwelcome Presence - Ludum Dare 33

ZhamulZhamul Posts: 56
Hiro Protagonist
edited October 2015 in Showcase
RJy5TMV.jpg

Updated Download
Download & More screenshots

I made a small Souls inspired action adventure game during last weekend in Ludum Dare #33 72h game jam. I will polish it up a bit and release into Share soon, but before doing that I'd like to get some feedback on the game so I can fix the most obvious issues.

To toggle Oculus Rift support press O. Gamepad is highly recommended. The game features camera orbiting around the character so I don't advice people who are prone to simulation sickness play this.

I hope you enjoy slaughtering ancient guardians~!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Cool. I like the style but it was hard to see. The first staircase really confused me (didn't realize you could go behind the fence). Also, the first bad guy was impossible. But I know this was a quick jam game so I can forgive you.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZhamulZhamul Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist

I made some updates to the game based on the feedback I have gotten.
    - Fog is now lighter and uses linear color space instead of gamma
    - Combat is more clear, added blood particles and tweaked animations
    - Player's damage output is increased
    - Added UI borders that makes it easier to see in the dark
    - Other minor changes

I am still not happy with the VR camera. I will iterate on up/down movement next. My animator also will redo / improve some animations before Share release.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Looks like an improvement.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZhamulZhamul Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    I updated the game to support latest 0.8. Runtime and submitted it into Share.

You can try out the updated version from the download link in the main post while Share submission is being approved.