Runtime 0.7 supported games and demos. - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Runtime 0.7 supported games and demos.

Comments

• Virtual Desktop works fine too..
  • David6479David6479 Posts: 93
    Brain Burst
    kleinmueh wrote:
    Virtual Desktop works fine too..

Couldn't get that one to work.
    i7 4770k @ 4.6GHz Custom W/Loop --- EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3 --- Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87 --- Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB --- EVGA SuperNova 1300 PSU --- Asus Swift G-Sync --- Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 11082
  • LiberteLiberte Posts: 60
    Brain Burst
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Mental Torment Episode 2 Works.

I need more horror based games to work with 0.7

From this moment there is also Mental Torment Episode One updated version available :)

http://www.theandronauts.com/mentaltorment/
  • Jokergod2000Jokergod2000 Posts: 300
    Nexus 6
    Liberte wrote:
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Mental Torment Episode 2 Works.

I need more horror based games to work with 0.7

From this moment there is also Mental Torment Episode One updated version available :)

http://www.theandronauts.com/mentaltorment/

Looks like the horror part is trying to get all of the spam off your computer after you install megaupload or riftcat. How about putting it on Oculus share or not bothering to post about it at all. I'm sure it's the best game 200MB can provide...
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 547
    Trinity
    Looks like the horror part is trying to get all of the spam off your computer after you install megaupload or riftcat. How about putting it on Oculus share or not bothering to post about it at all. I'm sure it's the best game 200MB can provide...

What are you going on about? You don't install anything on your computer to use Mega. The plugins are completely optional. If you don't want to download it, that's fine. Don't go trashing other people's work like this.
  • jkcazyjkcazy Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    goldenegg wrote:

What are you going on about? You don't install anything on your computer to use Mega. The plugins are completely optional. If you don't want to download it, that's fine. Don't go trashing other people's work like this.

Exactly, if you actually pay attention when installing something you will never install PUA's or plug-ins.
    Nexus 6
    goldenegg wrote:

I dunno, I got the below three options. Maybe I don't know what I am doing?

Megaupload installer program. YAY!
    http://postimg.org/image/5lvpjjg0p/

Direct link from the above flagged as a sketchy by windows? Off but not necessarily a virus?
    http://postimg.org/image/ridiuq9b9/

And Misc. Open with an app? WTH?
    http://postimg.org/image/aj9a4nhzt/

Seems like a lot of work for a free file that can be posed on Oculus share?
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 547
    Trinity
    Maybe I don't know what I am doing?

Correct. You don't know what you're doing and you're trashing someone's work due to your ignorance.

Do you see the option in Mega that says "Download through your browser"? It's right there in the screenshot you posted. Click that link to download without installing anything.
  • vracanvracan Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    vracan wrote:
    Thanks jokergod.
    But I already had set steam to open beta though I couldn't find any tab relating to oculus dk2 anywhere. Can you tell me exactly where to find this particular setting please?
    I am so eager to play lunar landing cuz so far my dk2 has so very little use its depressing.

Open steam. Go to library pulldown, games. Right click on Lunar Flight and select properties. Go to Beta's tab. Under the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" choose "dks - Oculus Rift. Close window. It should install and change the name to "Lunar Flight [dk2]". Double click once it's installed.

Hope it works. Good luck. It's a toss up between Project Cars and this game for me right now.

Thanks Jokerg

ok so finally got the game to display on my dk2 thanks to you jokergod.
    Wow, now I know why the dk2 was meant for developers and not general public.

Anyhow now the problem is I would like like to map my joystick cuz I don't have nor want to use xbox controller. Once in the game, I can get to the options using my keyboard but once there I cannot select settings(or anything else for that matter) cuz the arrow keys and enter key on my keyboard stop functioning. All that gets recognized when in options menu is some view control changes using F1 or F2. I cannot even press "continue" to go into the game when in the options menu. Just stuck there. Only once I was able to get into into the settings, but even then noticed no controller settings dialog box.

On the non-beta version, I was able to configure and use my joystick no problem. Do I absolutely need an xbox controller?
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    Oculus Share does show which SDK the app is built with. See here:

https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/art ... DK-Runtime

Problem is it's not VISIBLE or most of the time 'correct' :roll:

It needs a very colorful, very visible, 0.7 compatible badge to show you can now successfully try out this demo with the new 0.7 SDK without any problems, those not compatible can have a red flag against them until the dev updates the SDK to the correct version.

We need variety, it's the spice of life! ;)
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
    Brain Burst
    richhard1 wrote:
    Oculus Share does show which SDK the app is built with. See here:

https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us/art ... DK-Runtime

Problem is it's not VISIBLE or most of the time 'correct' :roll:

It needs a very colorful, very visible, 0.7 compatible badge to show you can now successfully try out this demo with the new 0.7 SDK without any problems, those not compatible can have a red flag against them until the dev updates the SDK to the correct version.

We need variety, it's the spice of life! ;)

Absolutely agree! Without that there is sooo much time wasted and frustrations for us users. Oculus team really need to do this if they want to keep and/or grow their clientbase. I personally was about to give up and sell my dk2 after having it only few days.
    Art3mis
    The excellent Social Virtual World of 'Convrge', is confirmed working with the 0.7 SDK. :D

Also the 3D animated web series of 'SteampuffVR' :)
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • richhard1 wrote:
    The excellent Social Virtual World of 'Convrge', is confirmed working with the 0.7 SDK. :D
    I cant seem to control the menu's in it tho.
    Art3mis
    Seems fine my end, update to the latest version of Convrge through auto-updater. (0.6.0.1 compatible)

Press tab for full instructions. Just watched some YouTube music vids on the hill with a few peeps. try updating, I'm using latest amd oculus drivers, 0.7 sdk of course, Windows 7 64 bit.
  • LiberteLiberte Posts: 60
    Brain Burst

Seems like a lot of work for a free file that can be posed on Oculus share?

Jokergod2000 : If we would put it on the share, you still would not be able to play it on 0.7 drivers. To update anything on share you need to wait for acceptance from Oculus about 3 weeks.

goldenegg and jkcazy - thanks guys for good words :) If you could send me an email on theandronauts at gmail I will send you a link to the (very) early alpha of our new project- just in return of the favour :)
    (and yes it is working on 0.7 :) )
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    For those that want to play Alien Isolation in Extended Mode follow this as it works for me.

I can now confirm AI working in extended mode using this trick.

Stop the runtime in the config utility
    In the Oculus tools folder set DirectDisplayConfig to off. You can do this either by opening a command prompt or using Win Key + R and then type c:\program files (x86)\Oculus\DirectDisplayConfig.exe off. You should be in extended mode now.
    Set your DK2 to portrait mode if it isn't already.
    Run AI.

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... indows_10/

If the above file path fails to work try this instead as it worked for me.

After pressing Win Key + R my file path was c:\program files (x86)\Oculus\Tools\DirectDisplayConfig.exe off
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
    Nexus 6
    Interested in abusing your computer? The Unreal kite demo works on 0.7. You have to be at ground level and in full screen mode to use the rift.

below is a link to an uncapped version which allows 75 FPS if your computer can manage it. Took some work to get it running but give it a try. You can watch the demo portion by pressing Page up but it's all fixed camera 3D (Still very cool).

I'm running an i7-5820k with 16GB DDR4 and a Zotac 980TI AMP! Extreme and even overclocked most areas are well under 75FPS.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2436779
  • Storyteller_-_Fireside_Tales-pc

works still on win 10 n sdk 7
    Brain Burst
    For Lunar Flight!!

Ok so Lunar Flight IS now working on my dk2! Thanks so much Jokergod.
    Everything except... unfortunately the frame rate/stutter/judder when I move my head.
    Even with lowest graphic settings. FPS showing 55-75fps with oculus runtime running, and 150-175fps without runtime running. I am using gtx970 strix graphic card.
    I am now thinking of installing an earlier runtime(and probably earlier graphics driver to go along) but am hesitant.
    If I do, I notice now there is engine integration software to worry about too? (cuz in the 0.7 driver download page in oculus site there is no mention of these)

What fps are you getting?

What do you think I should do?

Sooooo close to actually being able to play that it hurts!
  • splashor13splashor13 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Anyone tried Elite Dangerous ??
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,903 Valuable Player
    vracan wrote:
    For Lunar Flight!!

Your gfx card is definitely NOT the problem.

What CPU do you have? You can fairly reliably check if you're CPU bottlenecking by having the Windows Task Monitor running the background while playing. Just quit the game and look at the graphs in the performance tab. If one of the logical cores are maxing out, it could be the culprit.

And if it IS, then you can try playing around with hyperthreading, coreparking, throttlestopping and locking certain processes to certain cores... or buy a beefier CPU :mrgreen:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • I have had intermittent instances on 0.7 and Win 10 where it judders when running, closing the game stopping the run time and restarting then running the demo scene and then running the game again again will fix the issue (or rebooting). its not just this game but all occasionally have this issue at some point.

you did attempt again on a number of occasions across reboots?
    Brain Burst
    Wildt wrote:
    vracan wrote:
    For Lunar Flight!!

Your gfx card is definitely NOT the problem.

What CPU do you have? You can fairly reliably check if you're CPU bottlenecking by having the Windows Task Monitor running the background while playing. Just quit the game and look at the graphs in the performance tab. If one of the logical cores are maxing out, it could be the culprit.

And if it IS, then you can try playing around with hyperthreading, coreparking, throttlestopping and locking certain processes to certain cores... or buy a beefier CPU :mrgreen:

Ok thanks I'll check out my cpu perf later tonight and report back. I am using Xeon E5530 cpu (i5 equivalent)
    So if I decide to try older runtimes do I need to install those associated unity/unreal engine integration files or is that just for game developers?
  • havoc64havoc64 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Wildt wrote:
    Just tried the updated Tekrok game demo - it runs vastly better than the old one. Make sure to check it out if you were previously interested, but had to put it aside due to judder.

OK what I want to know is if you are using the SDK7 on Windows 10? I tried the Tekrok game last night and it wouldn't run. Still said outdated SDK..
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,903 Valuable Player
    havoc64 wrote:
    Wildt wrote:
    Just tried the updated Tekrok game demo - it runs vastly better than the old one. Make sure to check it out if you were previously interested, but had to put it aside due to judder.

OK what I want to know is if you are using the SDK7 on Windows 10? I tried the Tekrok game last night and it wouldn't run. Still said outdated SDK..

I use win7 - but make sure you download the latest version from Share!
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Art3mis
    'I expect you to die', doesn't work for me. SDK 0.7, AMD oculus driver, win7 64bit.

Can anyone please test this one please?
    Brain Burst
    richhard1 wrote:
    'I expect you to die', doesn't work for me. SDK 0.7, AMD oculus driver, win7 64bit.

Can anyone please test this one please?

It works great for me!: nvidia 355.83, oc runtime driver 0.7, win7x64, gtx970strix
  • NoLimits 2 Roller Coaster Simulation works well on 0.7.
  • gamefan101gamefan101 Posts: 194
    Art3mis
    edited September 2015
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 displays the stereo image on my main monitor, but doesn't "find" my DK2 and redirect output there.

I am running the latest steam update of Euro Truck 2 with -oculus as a runtime parameter.

What am I doing wrong?

FlyInside FSX and P3D work fine as does Titans of Space.

<<<< EDIT >>>>

Ah! Had to select experimental oculus option in the beta area.
  • splashor13splashor13 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Can you guys check Elite Dangerous ? because for me the game does not work. I am not sure if this is a global problem or something I did wrong.