New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Runtime 0.7 supported games and demos.

Comments

• gamefan101gamefan101 Posts: 194
    Art3mis
    Doesn't work for me either. The oculus driver complains that elite needs to be updated to call the later version of the driver.
  • zulubearzulubear Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You should check out the Elite Dangerous VR fourm for all information relating to this subject - it's pretty well discussed.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=69
  • vracanvracan Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Wildt wrote:
    vracan wrote:
    For Lunar Flight!!

What fps are you getting?

What do you think I should do?

Sooooo close to actually being able to play that it hurts!

Your gfx card is definitely NOT the problem.

What CPU do you have? You can fairly reliably check if you're CPU bottlenecking by having the Windows Task Monitor running the background while playing. Just quit the game and look at the graphs in the performance tab. If one of the logical cores are maxing out, it could be the culprit.

And if it IS, then you can try playing around with hyperthreading, coreparking, throttlestopping and locking certain processes to certain cores... or buy a beefier CPU :mrgreen:

Ok so found solution to Lunar Flight stutters/fps drops. Now able to play at a very comfortable 74-75FPS:

The problem is the OHD. The huge frame rate drops happen when it is set to external view. When I toggle it to map view all is good.
    Anyways I was still curious to see if my cpu is the culprit in that situation so I started task manager and opened performance to monitor the cpu cores while these framerate drops happen(which is basically only when I move my head while and on the ground(OHD = extview)):

first 3 cores= 60-80%max
    last core=80-90%max
    overall cpu= 70%max

Do you think cpu is bottleneck culprit here??

btw while in oculus I can navigate menu but how do I "enter" a selection(so far I can only "enter" by keyboard)?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,064 Valuable Player
    vracan wrote:
    first 3 cores= 60-80%max
    last core=80-90%max
    overall cpu= 70%max

Do you think cpu is bottleneck culprit here??

No - I'd expect one or more of the graphs to "clip" (flatline) at 100% before it'd become problematic.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    vracan wrote:
    richhard1 wrote:
    'I expect you to die', doesn't work for me. SDK 0.7, AMD oculus driver, win7 64bit.

Can anyone please test this one please?

It works great for me!: nvidia 355.83, oc runtime driver 0.7, win7x64, gtx970strix

Probably something to do with AMD hardware/drivers then, suggest it's taken off the list until another AMD user is able to test it. ;)
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • LupinumLupinum Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    No Limits 2 demo on steam still giving me 0.6 incompatibility. Could just be the demo.
    shadowself wrote:
    NoLimits 2 Roller Coaster Simulation works well on 0.7.

Demo or full version?
    richhard1 wrote:
    vracan wrote:
    richhard1 wrote:
    'I expect you to die', doesn't work for me. SDK 0.7, AMD oculus driver, win7 64bit.

It works great for me!: nvidia 355.83, oc runtime driver 0.7, win7x64, gtx970strix

Probably something to do with AMD hardware/drivers then, suggest it's taken off the list until another AMD user is able to test it. ;)

Can someone else with AMD gfx card try it out? I
  • ElecmanElecman Posts: 129
    Art3mis
    CastleCoaster also works with v0.7
    viewtopic.php?t=14196
  • Wildt wrote:
    richhard1 wrote:
    richhard1 wrote:

Just tried it and it's running great, so no problems here.
    I'm running SDK 0.7, AMD Catalyst 15.8, Win 10 X64, 290 Tri-X x2(CFX).
    I did have a crash the first time i started it.
    But i think that was because no user profile was selected/created in the Oculus Configuration Utility.
    After i did that it was smooth sailing.
  • KangelosKangelos Posts: 103
    Hiro Protagonist
    Liberte wrote:
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Mental Torment Episode 2 Works.

I need more horror based games to work with 0.7

From this moment there is also Mental Torment Episode One updated version available :)

http://www.theandronauts.com/mentaltorment/

I downloaded episode one (from mega) and my antivirus found a trojan dropper on the .exe file.
    I am not sure if it is a false positive but i did not install it just in case.
    Is your antivirus flagging this file too?
  • Jokergod2000Jokergod2000 Posts: 302
    Nexus 6
    Kangelos wrote:
    Liberte wrote:
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Mental Torment Episode 2 Works.

I need more horror based games to work with 0.7

From this moment there is also Mental Torment Episode One updated version available :)

http://www.theandronauts.com/mentaltorment/

I downloaded episode one (from mega) and my antivirus found a trojan dropper on the .exe file.
    I am not sure if it is a false positive but i did not install it just in case.
    Is your antivirus flagging this file too?

Naw, I got the same thing. I decided the same as you the spam/virus was not worth the time. It probably isn't really a virus but the exe vs. zip and the Mega upload/Riftcat vs. Google Drive/Dropbox/Oculus Share were enough to get me yelled at by those who are older and wiser than me :lol:
    MojoW wrote:
    But i think that was because no user profile was selected/created in the Oculus Configuration Utility.

Cool - thanks.
    FuzzyLogic wrote:

I couldn't get this one working - can somebody else try it out too?
  • what issue did you have? it worked fine for me, i have a Nvidia GTX 760 little bit of stutter though

Regards

Stuart Buchanan
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    what issue did you have? it worked fine for me, i have a Nvidia GTX 760 little bit of stutter though

Regards

Stuart Buchanan

Unsupported runtime version.
  • you must have had the wrong version, the latest version run on the 0.6 runtime as confirmed also here https://redofpaw.wordpress.com/vr-projects/ please check the version you downloaded.
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    you must have had the wrong version, the latest version run on the 0.6 runtime as confirmed also here https://redofpaw.wordpress.com/vr-projects/ please check the version you downloaded.

I downloaded it from Share (which you linked to) and tried it less than an hour ago.
  • OK strange, when i get back later today/tomorrow i will get a hash of the file I used and compare it to what i can download from Share
    Good news for Blazerush fans (myself included):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/302710/di ... 8387752023

:mrgreen:
  • DerekSpeareDerekSpeare Posts: 204
    Nexus 6
    Project Cars 2 is 0.7.0.0 compatible, but I am sure someone posted this. The OP doesn't show it, just PCars1.
    derekspearedesigns.com
    FuzzyLogic wrote:

Tried both these last night, and while they're gorgeous, they ran poorly on my rig (OC'ed 780). I tried the "Low graphics" config file someone posted on reddit, and I would still get an occasional skipped frame :(

How do they run on yours?
  • Tried both these last night, and while they're gorgeous, they ran poorly on my rig (OC'ed 780). I tried the "Low graphics" config file someone posted on reddit, and I would still get an occasional skipped frame :(

like a dog, ive got GTX 760 SLI, just waiting for apps to support VR SLI and my perf should improve.but i have just been testing stuff to see if i can get it running
    I downloaded it from Share (which you linked to) and tried it less than an hour ago.

I downloaded it again and checked the file hash of the zip and it was identical to the original zip i downloaded, and it works on mine SDK0.7 and Win 10 so i am unsure why it doesn't work for you
    FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I downloaded it again and checked the file hash of the zip and it was identical to the original zip i downloaded, and it works on mine SDK0.7 and Win 10 so i am unsure why it doesn't work for you

Odd indeed - I'm on win7. Can someone else with win7 check it out? ("Spirited Away - Boilerroom" from Share)
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis

Ok great, I'll retest my end, it may be isolated to my setup.
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
    Weeee.. Sightline - The Chair has been updated! Link in OP

EDIT: Anything above "Good" quality crashes for me. How about you guys?

There are many nice little improvements, and finally it runs absolutely without a stutter (never did for me in direct mode). One of the changes is the lighting in the first scene - but an unfortunate side effect is that you can now see the shadow of the plant reveal when it changes while you look behind you ;)
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
    Trinity
    Dolphin VR now supports Runtime 0.7 and SteamVR:
    viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11241&start=1220#p294421

But I haven't really tested it so expect lots of bugs.
  • benplacebenplace Posts: 769
    Neo
    Wildt wrote:
    Weeee.. Sightline - The Chair has been updated! Link in OP

EDIT: Anything above "Good" quality crashes for me. How about you guys?

There are many nice little improvements, and finally it runs absolutely without a stutter (never did for me in direct mode). One of the changes is the lighting in the first scene - but an unfortunate side effect is that you can now see the shadow of the plant reveal when it changes while you look behind you ;)

Crashes for me on my GTX 980 on anything above simple. I am sure froox will have a patch soon.
    Incredible with leap motion support. I could push the stuff on the table around.
  • havoc64havoc64 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I wish I could get past the "Press any Key" on Sightline..tried every key on my keyboard and nada..

Any ideas??