New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Runtime 0.7 supported games and demos.

Comments

• havoc64havoc64 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Wildt wrote:
    havoc64 wrote:
    Wildt wrote:
    Just tried the updated Tekrok game demo - it runs vastly better than the old one. Make sure to check it out if you were previously interested, but had to put it aside due to judder.

OK what I want to know is if you are using the SDK7 on Windows 10? I tried the Tekrok game last night and it wouldn't run. Still said outdated SDK..

I use win7 - but make sure you download the latest version from Share!

I have the latest version and still can't get Tekrok to work...GRRRR
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,076 Valuable Player
    benplace wrote:
    Incredible with leap motion support. I could push the stuff on the table around.

Sounds cool! Maybe it's time to grab one. What're the best applications for it atm?
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    havoc64 wrote:
    I have the latest version and still can't get Tekrok to work...GRRRR

Windows version does seem to make a difference with certain demos :?
  • RickDangerousRickDangerous Posts: 86
    Hiro Protagonist
    Territory defense is also tested and working with SDK 0.7.0, even though Oculus Share has tagged it "Pre 0.6.0"
  • RoasterRoaster Posts: 1,053
    3Jane
    Tekrok works fine on my Win 10 pc. Does it matter where you extract the files to?
    I made a folder called Programs and put it in the Oculus folder. I have Unity in the Oculus folder.
    In Programs are separate folders for each demo or game.
    It's odd how these games won't run on every system the same.
    i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu
  • Jokergod2000Jokergod2000 Posts: 302
    Nexus 6
    Wildt wrote:
    Weeee.. Sightline - The Chair has been updated! Link in OP

EDIT: Anything above "Good" quality crashes for me. How about you guys?

There are many nice little improvements, and finally it runs absolutely without a stutter (never did for me in direct mode). One of the changes is the lighting in the first scene - but an unfortunate side effect is that you can now see the shadow of the plant reveal when it changes while you look behind you ;)

Crashes for me above "Good" also. Win 10, 0.7, Nvidia 980TI.
  • JohnnyMatrixJohnnyMatrix Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I'm on Windows 10, 0.7 installed, appropriate nVidia drivers for 0.7. The Oculus World Demo from the 0.7 SDK works.
    However, when I open the config utility, I see this:

http://i.imgur.com/QE0TqaE.png

Is all that stuff supposed to be greyed out?
    Nexus 6
    banderman wrote:
    I'm on Windows 10, 0.7 installed, appropriate nVidia drivers for 0.7. The Oculus World Demo from the 0.7 SDK works.

Mine looks the same, been wondering if that was normal for Windows 10.
  • Captain-i0Captain-i0 Posts: 51
    Brain Burst
    banderman wrote:

You need to create a user. Press the "+"
    NerveGear
    Haha, thanks, I feel dumb.
    NerveGear
    Might as well add something constructive. VR Karts is working perfectly for me with 0.7 installed on Windows 10.
  • banderman wrote:
    Might as well add something constructive. VR Karts is working perfectly for me with 0.7 installed on Windows 10.
    It tells me it runs on a old runtime.
  • So we have a few people why are getting issues with Newer updated apps showing as running on old Runtime. VR Karts also works for me.

can i ask if you guys having issues with newer patched Games/Demos and receiving message about older firmware, tried any of the workaround hacks to get Oculus Working in win 10 prior to 0.7 release?

I didn't but i'm wondering if that has some type of bearing maybe?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I've made this post a sticky. Thanks everyone for sharing.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    'Stunt Kart' has just been updated to the 0.7 SDK, the game is a blast, great fun!

Make sure you download the latest version released today!

http://youtu.be/zbmXVwREIEc
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
    Art3mis
    "Deo Favente" or 'God's Favour' is a spiritually inspired experience initially supported for the PC and MAC. It is VR compatible but will also run on a traditional monitor

Other content currently includes atmospheric choral music, a thought-provoking sermon with an appropriate accompanying gospel and opposite the crypts beneath the chapel lies a gallery of religiously inspired medieval and renaissance art.

Fully 0.7 SDK compatible - http://www.deofavente.co.uk

Enjoy!
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
    Art3mis
    "FlyinsideFSX" today just released a 0.7SDK compatible version of their excellent VR Flightsim program, Version 0.11 Beta, for those who backed the project through their kickstarter campaign!
    Art3mis
    Those Failed Test Results Below - All the others on list work great!

CastleCoaster - Works with graphical glitches, needs a fix
    Endless Labyrinth - Version 1.2 goes grey on mainscreen without Unity Logo, and black screen in the Rift - Fail
    RGBVerseVR - Again, grey screen with black rift output.
    Tekrok - Version 2.01, grey screen, black rift.
    Sightline - The Chair V1.18 - Program Stopped working error.
    Storyteller - Beta 1.2 - Incompatible version, needs updating to 0.7.

See my Sig, i'm on AMD, those with AMD please confirm. I'm on Win7 64Bit, Latest AMD oculus 0.7 drivers and of the course 0.7SDK
    Nexus 6
    richhard1 wrote:
    Those Failed Test Results Below - All the others on list work great!

Sightline - The Chair V1.18 - Program Stopped working error.
    Storyteller - Beta 1.2 - Incompatible version, needs updating to 0.7.

See my Sig, i'm on AMD, those with AMD please confirm. I'm on Win7 64Bit, Latest AMD oculus 0.7 drivers and of the course 0.7SDK

Sightline works as long as you choose "Good" or below for the gfx settings. I could not get Storyteller to work either. I'm windows 10, 0.7, Nvidia.
  • As people have said, if Oculus have released a runtime version that means nothing older will work then they should have a list or a search filter in the Share area showing what will or won't work. I don't think I can be bothered to sit and try everything first. I know it's a devkit and all that but it just seems like common sense.
  • freeskyfreesky Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I have created a new Runtime 0.7 game entitled "The Grids Of Gaia".

This experience is unique in that your adventure around the world is dynamically created by downloading Panorama photos from the web. Also the teleportation scene in the beginning is really fun! It has been developed in Unity (which I love BTW) and needs the latest .7 runtime.

The download is on "The Grids Of Gaia" site here: https://stampaspot.com/TheGridOfGaia.html
  • hcentenohcenteno Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Hello,

Did anyone get Half-Life 2 to work using 0.7 on Windows 10? The "Virtual Reality Mode" option in HL2 can't be enabled because it's not seeing an HMD. The oculus camera light is on and I have SteamVR installed. Someone on Reddit claimed to have it working on Win10 and 0.7.

Thanks!
  • freesky wrote:
    I have created a new Runtime 0.7 game entitled "The Grids Of Gaia".

I cant wait to see some video. I like teleporting in :)
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/sdk07_compatible

This link is a more updated one it seems with a larger number of apps,demos and games.

Also know totherift or whatever page it was also kept a continous updating progress.
  • snappaheadsnappahead Posts: 2,302
    Trinity
    We can add The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to the list Woohoo!
    i7 3820
    16 gigs of Ram
    GTX 780ti
    snappahead wrote:
    We can add The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to the list Woohoo!

Done. It's actually 40% off on Steam right now. Think I'll buy it, but I'm a little worried about how my geforce OC'ed 780 will handle it.

EDIT: And it's 60% off on the Humble Store. :shock:
    EDIT2: Bought it - and it bugs for me - right eye is just distorted crap :cry:
    EDIT3: Apparently it's really half baked - the right eye bug is only in the menus. Not in game.
    As beautiful as "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" is, I'm gonna have to shelf it for now, as I cannot get it running a stable 75fps, even on the lowest settings on my gtx 780 @ 1150mhz core. :(

It's really close though - only when looking in certain directions on different parts of the map. But it really ruins the experience.
  • snappaheadsnappahead Posts: 2,302
    Trinity
    Yeah, it's a demanding game. I can get it to run mostly smooth on medium with a couple things turned off and it's probably the most brutal game I own on my system.
    i7 3820
    16 gigs of Ram
    GTX 780ti