New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Runtime 0.7 supported games and demos.

1234568»

Comments

• fireshadowfireshadow Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    this is really sad, and I was REALLY looking forward to buying and playing with this too... sigh. I only play MMOs, and I'm NOT spending $600 on something that has NO mention of the biggest games out there. who came up with that list of games? I'd be amazed if a single game on that list made it to the top 50 in any year...

anyhow, there's nothing there for me... LET ME KNOW though if you decide to get serious and do anything with Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, Rift, call of duty, or ANY of the other better games... maybe i'll buy one then. we'll have to see, but so far... NOT impressed AT ALL with the game selection.

I want compatibility too, not "here buy this, it might work..." :arrow: :twisted:
  • godwispergodwisper Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    is elite dangerous working on 0.8 ? just bought but not the horizons
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    godwisper wrote:
    is elite dangerous working on 0.8 ? just bought but not the horizons

Yes, you'll have to install SteamVR, run the configuration setup, close steam, then fire up Elite. :D
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    richhard1 wrote:
    The Caretaker is also 0.8SDK compatible.

A VR experience inspired by 'The Shining'.

You're the new caretaker at The Overview; chosen to single-handedly look after this remote hotel throughout the icy winter months. We join you on your first day of complete isolation; waking up very late following the end of season staff party - high in the mountains and cut off from the world by the first of the big snow storms. It's time to leave your room and make your first check of the deserted hotel.
    This experience is inspired by the fantastic Stanley Kubrick film, The Shining.

https://api.wearvr.com/apps/1519/versions/1482/binaries/1218

I tried this yesterday and it worked fine, pretty cool atmosphere. I stopped when I got to the maze, didnt feel like inching my way through the maze cause moving fast/turning a lot with the controller tends to make my stomach upset. I do appreciate the developer's usage of the turn mechanic however which only allows adjustment of your view in 45 degree increments, seems to combat the motion sickness well. I've found the best way is to just close my eyes whenever I have to turn. Strangely, when I walk sideways, no discomfort.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,077 Valuable Player
    Surge has finally been updated! :!: :D

..link in the OP
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • Just tried the updated Tekrok game demo - it runs vastly better than the old one. Make sure to check it out if you were previously interested, but had to put it aside due to judder.
  • acer56acer56 Posts: 1
    thanks
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    Wintermute
    Wildt wrote:
    Surge has finally been updated! :!: :D

..link in the OP

Yessss! One of my favorites!

This list is nice, it allowed me to get all my favorite demos quickly. I hadn't installed any demos on my main gaming PC since I got it back up and running (only played Elite).
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • Hello guys!I`m just wondering, will somebody port games from dk1/dk2 for new oculus cv1?(games like NoLimits 2 Roller Coaster Simulator or InCell VR etc.)
    Thanks for answers.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
    time to lock this and start again?

All the cool kids use 1.3 now ;)

thanks
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • ClodoClodo Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    I just updated my little game (that isn't published on Oculus Home) to SDK 1.3, and tested it with my DK2 (i don't own a CV1). It works (extract zip and launch), if people check "Allow unknown source" in Oculus Home Settings.

I think developers can simply rebuild their demo/game even if don't own a CV1. So, a new pinned topic with a new list will be appreciated.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,628 Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Clodo said:
    I just updated my little game (that isn't published on Oculus Home) to SDK 1.3, and tested it with my DK2 (i don't own a CV1). It works (extract zip and launch), if people check "Allow unknown source" in Oculus Home Settings.

I think developers can simply rebuild their demo/game even if don't own a CV1. So, a new pinned topic with a new list will be appreciated.
    Cool stuff!
    I made it 749m on my first go, 2442m on my second. Now I feel physically and emotionally exhausted. :)
    (Also using DK2 on sdk 1.3)

Edit: wait, this originally came out over a year ago? I missed it.
    time to lock this and start again?

All the cool kids use 1.3 now ;)

thanks
    Good idea, someone else take the torch please..  :smiley: 
    i would but i sold my DK2 (beginning to totally regret that call now!)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Wanna buy mine? :wink: 
    edited March 2016
    lol probably not for what you want to sell it for ;)
    you know... i may go a check fleabay out of curiosity.

edit

daaaamn! you know, i must have been having a moment of madness when i sold mine.  i decided not to scalp anyone and cleared £250 in my pocket.  not bad, a fair price I thought, but they are going for way more than i sold mine for!.
    The local danish "Ebay" has 4 units for sale ranging from ~£230-260.

I'll deffo hold onto mine until I have the CV1 hooked up. 
  • richhard1richhard1 Posts: 606
    Art3mis
    Share is dead, all of the Devs hard work gone, Imbassilic dumbasses.
    I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE
  • SerVitorSerVitor Posts: 122
    Art3mis
    A new sticky is probably needed dont you think?  For the collection of old and new demos and experiences and games which work with the CV1 ?
    i5-4690k 16 gig Ram Win 7 64bit 8 gig ZOTAC AMP EDITION GTX1080
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    www.wearvr.com seems a good spiritual successor to oculus share, have many of the the DK2 demos etc.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Is the DK2 really only working with RT0.7?
    I ask because the ONLY way to run CV1 on my XEON DUAL-QUAD is also to only use the installation file 0.7 which bypasses sse4.1/4.2 CPU checks and then will update to the latest version anyways. I take it that it does not huh?
    Still good news for any XEON QUAD owners and it runs ALL GAMES except Echo Arena which I think requires VulkanRT installed rom the Nvidia 3D package.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,050 Valuable Player
    Pardon my ignorance but what is this program meant to do?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,628 Volunteer Moderator
    Digikid1 said:
    Pardon my ignorance but what is this program meant to do?
    It's just the old crap version of the oculus software from 29 versions ago, before the CV1 existed. Back then, when the version changed most existing software broke, so this thread is listing things that were ported to work on 0.7 (when it was the latest).