New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Display Driver Version: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll

AntDX3162AntDX3162 Posts: 834
Nexus 6
edited February 2016 in Support
Display Driver Version: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll not found in about?

0.7 win 10 x64 980 ti 355.83
facebook.com/AntDX316

Comments

• stevetbstevetb Posts: 6
    I'm got this too. I was using Nvidia Surround (3 monitors). Once I disabled Nvidia Surround I was able to once again use Direct Mode without issues.

Hopefully that is what your issue is as well.
  • ArnklitArnklit Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I had this same issue and got it resolved by reinstalling the 0.7 runtime where I set the installer exe files compatibility settings to Win8.

Someone else had resolved it by reinstalling the driver by using the temp files that installer leaves behind here:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus Inc\OculusDisplayDriver_Win8_x64.msi

Hope that helps
  • TurbolegoTurbolego Posts: 78
    Brain Burst
    Arnklit wrote:
    I had this same issue and got it resolved by reinstalling the 0.7 runtime where I set the installer exe files compatibility settings to Win8.

Someone else had resolved it by reinstalling the driver by using the temp files that installer leaves behind here:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus Inc\OculusDisplayDriver_Win8_x64.msi

Hope that helps

This completely bricked my windows 10, and in order to fix this you need to do the following:

1. Make a windows 10 usb stick (https://rufus.akeo.ie/)
    2. Boot from the usb
    3. Troubleshoot
    4. CMD
    5. cd to your volume (f:)
    6. cd into windows (cd windows)
    7. cd into system32 (cd system32)
    8. cd into drivers (cd drivers)
    9. delete RiftEnabler.sys (del RiftEnabler.sys)
    10. go one directory back again (cd ..)
    11. cd into DriverStore (cd DriverStore)
    12. cd into FileRepository (cd FileRepository)
    13. cd into riftenabler folder (cd riftenabler.inf_amd64_170d816f1bbf81c4)
    14. delete RiftEnabler.sys (del RiftEnabler.sys)

So yeah, oculus rift dk2 does not work at all for me in windows 10.
    I've tried multiple drivers.

Specs:
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 @ 2.50GHz
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
    runtime 0.7 + FW 2.12

If anyone knows how to get oculus rift dk2 to work on windows 10, please let me know. :(
  • SlitzerSlitzer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Turbolego wrote:
    Arnklit wrote:

Hope that helps

This completely bricked my windows 10, and in order to fix this you need to do the following:

1. Make a windows 10 usb stick (https://rufus.akeo.ie/)
    2. Boot from the usb
    3. Troubleshoot
    4. CMD
    5. cd to your volume (f:)
    6. cd into windows (cd windows)
    7. cd into system32 (cd system32)
    8. cd into drivers (cd drivers)
    9. delete RiftEnabler.sys (del RiftEnabler.sys)
    10. go one directory back again (cd ..)
    11. cd into DriverStore (cd DriverStore)
    12. cd into FileRepository (cd FileRepository)
    13. cd into riftenabler folder (cd riftenabler.inf_amd64_170d816f1bbf81c4)
    14. delete RiftEnabler.sys (del RiftEnabler.sys)

So yeah, oculus rift dk2 does not work at all for me in windows 10.
    I've tried multiple drivers.

Specs:
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 @ 2.50GHz
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
    runtime 0.7 + FW 2.12

If anyone knows how to get oculus rift dk2 to work on windows 10, please let me know. :(

Did you have any luck?

I'm having the same issue with similar hardware, i5 with GTX970, although I just use the Win 10 recovery after 2 bad attempts at restarting.

I can get the rift working in Win 10 on 0601 runtime with a shortcut with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRServer_x86.exe" run as Admin and in Win 8 compatibility mode. which works but I can't select Direct to rift mode.
  • WollanWollan Posts: 27
    Yeah, OculusDisplayDriver_Win8_x64.msi completely borked my Windows 10 installation as well. Had to do a System Restore.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    You should NEVER install OculusDisplayDriver_***_***.msi on Windows 10. This is the old, legacy, Direct Mode driver and is NOT supported at all on Windows 10 and can cause major issues.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    So... is OVRDisplay64.dll supposed to exist at all?

My original logs can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26029&start=200#p304925

I have tried for several days to get DK2 to work on my Win 10 machine.

Re-install Nvidia drivers, Oculus runtime in different orders.... I got a USB 2.0 hub incase my USB 3.0s were at fault... I tried a separate DK2/cables/sensors (so not hardware at fault)... I am at my wits end. :)

Today I updated to the 359 (gameworks vr) nvidia driver hoping it would help. Running runtime 0.8.0 but no luck.
    GTX 980Ti
    i76700K
    Did the headset ever work? It may just be defective hardware. Can you try on another PC?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Did the headset ever work? It may just be defective hardware. Can you try on another PC?
    I did today. The same headset worked fine on a different PC (GTX780Ti, Win 7).
  • kojackkojack Posts: 3,649 Volunteer Moderator
    AntDX3162 wrote:
    Display Driver Version: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll not found in about?

0.7 win 10 x64 980 ti 355.83
    Recent sdks don't have ovrdisplay64.dll
    That's most likely not an error, the about dialog is probably just listing version numbers of what it can find, and they still check versions of the legacy display library.
    I get the same thing in the about box, but the dk2 works fine in win 10.
    Wow... this is embarrassing. I think this might top my list of blunders.
    I actually had the DK2 connected to my motherboards HDMI, not my GPU's HDMI...
    Built the rig from scratch, had the DK2 connected correctly and working fine in September but at some point I must have shuffled the cables around and... sorry for that and thanks for your time. /slowly-backs-out
  • I'm having problems with my Rift DK2 on Win 10, AMD 7770 HD 2GB and Celeron 2.6Ghz. The rift isn't detected by the OVR Config Utility, but, It's showing up as a second monitor in extended mode, I have version 0.8.0 installed and I haven't done any hacks to try and get it into extended mode it just is. Any help would be very much appreciated.
  • Hi,
    I am able to use DK2 through UE 4.10 program but not on packaged program.
    I am using Alienware 17.
    CPU core i7 6700q
    log details:
    {
    	"Time":	"2016-01-19_15:45:56",
    	"SDK Version":	"0.8.0.0",
    	"Local SDK Version":	"0.8.0.0",
    	"Service Running Time":	{
    		"Hours":	0,
    		"Minutes":	2,
    		"Seconds":	6
    	},
    	"Display Status":	{
    		"Display Mode":	2,
    		"Win10 Native":	{
    			"Capable":	1,
    			"Available":	0,
    			"ResultCode":	-3012,
    			"Status":	"DXGI 2 Preview Windows Update not installed. Please consider updating Windows to get it"
    		},
    		"IHVDirect":	{
    			"Capable":	1,
    			"Available":	1,
    			"ResultCode":	0,
    			"Status":	"Direct Display available"
    		},
    		"Legacy Direct":	{
    			"Capable":	0,
    			"Available":	0,
    			"ResultCode":	-3005,
    			"Status":	"OVRDirect not supported on this OS. Please use one of the more supported modes"
    		},
    		"Summary ResultCode":	0,
    		"Summary Status":	""
    	},
    	"System Specifications":	{
    		"Operating System":	"Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language",
    		"Processor":	"Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz",
    		"Graphics Adapters":	[{
    				"Name":	"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M   ",
    				"Video Controller RAM (MB)":	4095,
    				"Driver Version":	"10.18.13.6143",
    				"Video Mode":	""
    			}, {
    				"Name":	"Intel(R) HD Graphics 530",
    				"Video Controller RAM (MB)":	1024,
    				"Driver Version":	"10.18.15.4281",
    				"Video Mode":	"1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors"
    			}],
    		"Total RAM (GB)":	16,
    		"USB Tree":	[{
    				"name":	"Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)",
    				"deviceid":	"PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_07081028&REV_31\\3&11583659&0&A0",
    				"caption":	"Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)",
    				"manufacturer":	"Generic USB xHCI Host Controller",
    				"Devices":	[{
    						"manufacturer":	"(Standard USB HUBs)",
    						"name":	"USB Root Hub (xHCI)"
    					}, {
    						"manufacturer":	"(Standard system devices)",
    						"name":	"USB Input Device"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"HID-compliant vendor-defined device"
    					}, {
    						"manufacturer":	"Qualcomm Atheros Communications",
    						"name":	"Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1"
    					}, {
    						"manufacturer":	"Microsoft",
    						"name":	"Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)"
    					}, {
    						"manufacturer":	"(Standard USB Host Controller)",
    						"name":	"USB Composite Device"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"Integrated Webcam"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"USB Input Device"
    					}, {
    						"name":	"HID-compliant mouse"
    					}]
    			}]
    	},
    	"Video Device Tree":	[{
    			"Name":	"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M   ",
    			"VRAM (MB)":	4009,
    			"Monitors":	[{
    					"Name":	"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1",
    					"Width":	1920,
    					"Height":	1080,
    					"Refresh Rate":	60
    				}]
    		}, {
    			"Name":	"Intel(R) HD Graphics 530",
    			"VRAM (MB)":	128,
    			"Monitors":	[]
    		}, {
    			"Name":	"Microsoft Basic Render Driver",
    			"VRAM (MB)":	0,
    			"Monitors":	[]
    		}],
    	"Devices":	[{
    			"HMDNRFVersion":	"",
    			"TrackerNRFVersion":	""
    		}]
    }

If you open the Config Util, what does it say? Can you run the demo scene?
  • Yes , demo scene can be opened. but it is not detecting my gtx 980m . it is detecting defaut GPU.
  • onefangonefang Posts: 249
    NerveGear
    studio4ds wrote:
    Yes , demo scene can be opened. but it is not detecting my gtx 980m . it is detecting defaut GPU.

From that screen grab, it looks like you are using the debug headset. This isn't a real headset, just a fake one to help with debugging. It wont work with a real headset. Turn that off in the Advanced window.
    You should NEVER enable the Debug headset. This is an advanced feature for game developers to test their games and WILL NOT use the real hardware and WILL NOT allow you to play games with the headset.

Your real problem is likely that you are on a laptop and laptops are not supported. Sorry.
  • Why Laptops are not supported? Is there any reason for this? I bought alien ware latest model so that I could display to my clients at their office. and I am also suggesting them to use laptops so that they can also show it to their clients.
    If this is not supporting then VR cannot be used for marketing. just games for personal reasons. :cry:
    See here for an explanation regarding laptops: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28836&start=20#p328120
  • confrozconfroz Posts: 1
    Hey I have problems with my DK1, I am trying to go onto Elite Dangerous and my oculus is crashing every 1 second when i open it, I went into "Configuration Utility" and went into "Help" Then "About" and this error message came up.

Display Driver Version: C:\Windows\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll not found

Positional Tracker Driver Version: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\OCUSBVID.sys not found

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

HMD Firmware: 0.18

Connected to OVRService server.

I tried to look for the folders and they are not there could this be the problem?

• dwilchesdwilches Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Hi @confroz, did you manage to fix your problem?
    I'm getting the exact same problem with the Oculus Runtime 0.8.0 and my DK1.
  • FuknOwsmFuknOwsm Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Updating gpu driver will be of great help..!
    I was facing this issue of ovrdisplay64.dll not found..!
    I tried different things, but what I feel is updated grafics driver was of great help.