New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Netflix problem? Stuck at 25%

nrollinsnrollins Posts: 25
edited October 2015 in Samsung Gear VR
The Netflix app installed perfectly, and the navigation inside is fantastic. But when I try to view a movie/episode, the spooling advances to 25% and gets stuck. Anyone else having this problem, or know a fix?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Do you happen to be using a Bluetooth headset? Can you remove it?

Also, what phone and Android version are you on?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • No bluetooth. Plugged in earbuds. Galaxy S6, Android 5.1.1
  • SpiderCenturionSpiderCenturion Posts: 73
    Hiro Protagonist
    Had the same issue. Shut down all background programs. Completely close Netflix and start fresh. It takes a lot of resources it seems, so make sure it's only Netflix that's running
  • Nope. I shut down everything, restarted the Galaxy...nothing. Still gets stuck spinning at 25%.
  • ThamerAljeriThamerAljeri Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I do get the same issue when I take off the Gear VR while the video is running,

I simply close the app by returning to home screen and launch Netflix once again.
  • Still no one encountering this issue? I've closed apps, restarted phone, done everything I can imagine...playing movies still gets stuck at 25%.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Which region and carrier are you with?

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix app?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • HomerS66HomerS66 Posts: 1,365
    Brain Burst
    nrollins wrote:
    Still no one encountering this issue? I've closed apps, restarted phone, done everything I can imagine...playing movies still gets stuck at 25%.

I encountered this today for the first time, when i tried to watch Netflix via 3G/4G instead of wifi. First i could watch normally then it buffered, played again, then buffered again and was stuck at 25%.

Using it via wifi i haven't had problems so far.
  • I'm in the USA, and the phone is WiFi only (we use it for corporate presentation purposes, and do not have the unlocked phone on a carrier.) The only thing I haven't tried is un/re-installing the app. I will try that and report back.
  • Nope, exact same issue. I uninstalled Netflix app, reinstalled, and continue to get stuck at 25% when I try to watch any movie or show. Anyone have other thoughts?
  • NJeuchNJeuch Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same with me. Ive tried everything here but it still doesn't work. =,(
  • johannes.stabenow.7johannes.stabenow.7 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have got the same problem 4 years later. I get stuck at 24 %.  Any solutions by now?