Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A theory on what feels good in VR

Anonymous
Not applicable
My theory is 2D = good, 3D = bad.

The more 3D = the more bad.

Think of this, if your scared and your tense, so you can jump up and scream if you see or hear something ugly, like a haunted house made for halloween, you stiffen up and don't loosen up, the stiffening up makes you head still moreso than if you were relaxed.

Because if you were toloosen up and have a neck act like it wasn't scary, you would feel more creeped out, most people would anyway.

That is why when your walking on a tiny bridge over a deep fall if you fall off the bridge, they always say in the movies not to look down. because if you look down this will freak you out.

Therefore 3D = bad, and 2D = good.

Now in VR is there a time that your more comfortable? yes in games that you have
a "Seated experiences like "sightline the chair" or "dont let go" are fine. Usually no nausea at all.".
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... k2/cklqzte

So how do you fix this in VR so you have the seated experience without being seated?

I made a thread here;
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27836

That thread shows a TV that is showing a 2D picture in 3D VR world.

I theorize that the seated experience is giving the 2D experience the TV gives, that is it is still when your sitting in it, and still is not moving like 3D is, if you read into what I first wrote above about how fear makes you still and that means fear makes you not want to experience 3D.

So the seated experience gives a still environment, and that is 2D.

Therefore a 3d VR world with no still 2D part is one that will make you feel fear.
And no help from 2D and only 3D in VR will make you feel nauseous.

Watch somebody moving their video game player in a game so it makes you feel ugly to watch them move the camera. Then watch this for 5 minutes or no non stop, it will make you feel queasy/nauseous.
The way they move the camera is motion and motion is not still and this = 3D! You make yourself feel better by not looking at htem moving the camera and instead looking at something you control that doesn't make you feel ugly to look at, and this = 2D because it is good, 3D = bad!

This post isn't about any technology but more of how to makes games and movies so the viewer or player feels both 2D and 3D and so doesn't feel gross and that will help stop nausea and make VR fun.

The student in this game is sitting and so still;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIl2-5f8NTo
0 REPLIES 0