cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR Problems with Galaxy S6 Edge+ (AT&T)

xBoggart
Protege
I bought my Gear VR from BestBuy on 6th of this month and since the day I've plugged in my S6 Edge+, I'm having the following issues randomly:-
- My phone's Home button and Multi-Window button stops working randomly sometimes (happened 4-5 times) after disconnecting the phone from VR Headset (double click home button to launch camera works fine though). The weirdest part is, when I restart my phone, the buttons start working again and upon pressing the Multi Window button, all the recent apps (that were opened before restarting the phone) appears as if they are running in background even after a restart. So basically, restarting didn't kill any of the apps.

- Sometimes the Oculus App wouldn't start (the connection beep comes fine) and I'll see black screen (turned on) (rare case)

- Twice I have got voice message to disconnect my phone and reconnect after unlocking it. My phone was already unlocked and no matter how many times I disconnect and reconnect, the voice just keeps repeating this unless I restart the phone.

Did any of you encounter such issues since you started using Gear VR. Also, please mention which version of VR and Device are you guys using. Do you think I should get it replaced from BB ? 😐
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you root your phone, or install a custom ROM? Because they are not supported and may result in strange behavior. I also wonder about your phone's Home/Multi-Task buttons not working, because I've never heard of that before. Though it sounds like the problem is more with the phone itself or the Android OS, in which case it may be best to contact Samsung Support.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

xBoggart
Protege
Nop. It's on stock and non-rooted. Apart from the buttons not working, I've also noticed that swiftkey swipe typing stops working too! Everything goes back to working once I restart the phone. Looks more like a software glitch to me but I'm wondering if it's due to the phone or the Gear VR. Thought of getting Gear VR replaced from BestBuy once its back in stock, atleast that'll rule out one of the causes!

Even I could't find any such issue reported anywhere before!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have the s6 edge plus and my installation when smoothly it was a kinda long process but i indured lol .what i did encounter was about 25 30 min in my phone was burning hot andd gear vr basically shut down at that point i took phone out let cool down an it works fine but same issue over heats in about e0 min. My phone js not rooted either and trying to keep all other apps and bloatware from starting and running in bacground is troubme some to say the least .im hoping to get tbat all straight and maybe it wont over heat we shall see.