New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Anyone having issues with ordering from Ireland?

PConDPConD Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in General
I cant place an order in as the form won't accept any valid post code for ireland :-(

Anyone else have an issue?

Comments

• oXisoXis Posts: 12
    Yes, me. I can't have the postcode right. I don't even know the postcode...
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Try putting the postal code in all lower case letters and without any spaces.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • PConD wrote:
    I cant place an order in as the form won't accept any valid post code for ireland :-(

Anyone else have an issue?

Go to https://finder.eircode.ie to get yours
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Thanks @The_Bob.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • oXisoXis Posts: 12
    Thanks @The_Bob. I'm shipping it to UCD... It has like 25 postcodes, I took one randomly :mrgreen:
  • RiftFlyerRiftFlyer Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    It accepted my eircode in the early rush. I later got an email stating my order was on hold as my address was invalid. I also never received a confirmation email. Still no word from support! Guess there's more than Palmers "handful of people" with issues!

Ordered in the first 15mins or so.

My last ordeal with support over a faulty dk2 cable took three weeks for a reply to my ticket. I hope they can improve on that at least.
  • Lord_RidiculousLord_Ridiculous Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Sorry to bump guys - based in Dublin - trying to buy the Rift and it is saying to use a valid postal code....used the eir code.....lower case, with spaces, without spaces. Still won't work! Any ideas?
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,559 Volunteer Moderator
    Try a different browser. Bizarre I know but I had this issue way back when i ordered Mine.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• HotkeyManagerHotkeyManager Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    still not able to use a irish post code 3 years later 
  • CalibosCalibos Posts: 102
    Art3mis
    Ordered a Rift S for my brother the other day. It accepts my Eircode alright and the order goes through but as expected I got the Order Hold email a few minutes later because of my address. This has happened with every hardware order I've ever made with Oculus direct since 2016 (Cv1, Earbuds, Extra Constellation Sensors).

Thankfully Support is much quicker to reply these days and as usual they removed the order hold manually once I confirmed the address with them. Frustrating and ironic that All European Oculus orders are invoiced through Oculus/Facebook Ireland and yet its Irish Eircodes/Addresses that their automated order processing and fraud detection systems still have a problem with, 3 years later!