New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Are we going to get rid of old apps?

zippyandgeorgezippyandgeorge Posts: 110
edited January 2016 in Oculus Share
Now that the pre-orders started are we going to have a clear out on occulus share?

I am not a programmer/developer so I don't know how easy or hard it would be for a developer to make their existing stuff they have on oculus share work with SDK 1.0

As we get close to the release of the rift and once SDK 1.0 has been released I don't see the point of keeping things in oculus share that will not work with CV one.

So please admin once SDK 1.0 is released can we only have things in oculus share that will work with CV one?

Comments

• ChrisharvzChrisharvz Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    you know, filters can be used...
    There's no point in getting rid of the dk2 stuff, people like myself will still use the dk2 now and again.

When on occulus share, just be sure to check the checkbox 'compatible with CV1', which I'm guessing will appear once the headsets have been shipped.

Its pretty likely a lot of those apps and games will be updated to SDK 1 and will be playable within the CV1 anyway..
  • g4cg4c Posts: 330
    Chrisharvz wrote:
    you know, filters can be used...
    There's no point in getting rid of the dk2 stuff, people like myself will still use the dk2 now and again.

When on occulus share, just be sure to check the checkbox 'compatible with CV1', which I'm guessing will appear once the headsets have been shipped.

Its pretty likely a lot of those apps and games will be updated to SDK 1 and will be playable within the CV1 anyway..

Yes, perhaps even a checkbox where you have to enable the legacy stuff, so then new CV1 users won't even be bothered by it but legacy users still have some stuff available by checking the box.
    Android VR Developer. https://twitter.com/SiliconDroid