cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worth Getting cv1 over dk2 for 742 euro?

Emvy-
Honored Guest
besides waiting 6 months if you pre-order today.

I just think its a really big gamble for this price without seeing the device first.

can someone who tested this CV1 tell me if there is anything left of the screendoor effect that you still see in the Dk2?

cause if it is ill wait for CV2.
10 REPLIES 10

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
NO!

Wait for Vive/CV2

Lack of touch is a deal breaker. It's pointless without proper input. We don't buy VR to play platform games.
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

sparkie14
Expert Protege
"velma01" wrote:
besides waiting 6 months if you pre-order today.

I just think its a really big gamble for this price without seeing the device first.

can someone who tested this CV1 tell me if there is anything left of the screendoor effect that you still see in the Dk2?

cause if it is ill wait for CV2.

Yes. Custom Lenses Custom low pixel density screens 2 of with higher resolution. Improved tracking system. Latest SDK tuned in to run properly (expecting it to) 90htz refresh rate with no nausea and no chromatic abbrasion. What more do you need to know. Go on BUY BUY BUY.
Or wait til everyone gets theirs and go nuts over the experience then put your order in and get it 2017 :lol: :lol: :lol: .
At least pre order and give your self a chance. Im buying regardless to help support the growth of VR and $700 is not that expensive to be in a game changing experience early on.

sparkie14
Expert Protege
Oh and i forgot virtually no screen door from testers of cv1 you need to look really hard to see it and its minimal.
God i sound like an Oculus employee. Bring it on

Lemming1970
Rising Star
Enough to convince me (not that I needed much convincing) to order one. I don't have any VR though. SO I guess up to the individual as to if it's worth the upgrade.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Emvy-
Honored Guest
thanks for that video.

to bad pre-ordering makes no sense anymore with 6 months queue time.

I will take my chances at retailers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"sparkie14" wrote:
Oh and i forgot virtually no screen door from testers of cv1 you need to look really hard to see it and its minimal.
God i sound like an Oculus employee. Bring it on

Yet other people say SDE is there and it's obvious.

I'm skeptical of claims about the improvements, when I recall reading reviews that said "SDE is not an issue anymore" for the DK2, and initial comments hardly mentioned the incredibly narrow focus sweet spot. Both were a problem for me which is why I sold my DK2 4 weeks after I bought it.

EliteSPA
Superstar
SDE is still there true! I already saw a post in Frontier Developments ( Elite Dangerous ) talking about the cv1 on it, guys you still see the pixels on far away objects.... so its not that good guys!! So the price for CV1 is too high for what they offer.

Take a look here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=220774
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Lemming1970
Rising Star
"EliteSPA" wrote:
SDE is still there true! I already saw a post in Frontier Developments ( Elite Dangerous ) talking about the cv1 on it, guys you still see the pixels on far away objects.... so its not that good guys!! So the price for CV1 is too high for what they offer.

Take a look here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=220774

The resolution needed to remove all pixilation would have to be massive, and on two screens. At this stage you have got to be realistic in your expectations. The p.c. needed to run something like that would be out of reach for most people, or even unavailable at this stage.
This is first generation retail VR. Live in the moment.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

drefk2000
Explorer
No one can answer that for you. It's up to you if you think it's worth it based on the facts that are public knowledge.
It's totally worth it for me.
Intel Core i7 6850K 3,6 GHz 15MB @ 4,7GHz cooled by Noctua NH-U9S on MSI X99A Raider
Corsair Vengence LPX 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz @ 3200 MHz
2x  MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Aero OC in SLI (SLI disabled when in VR)
HyperX Predator 480GB M.2 and 4x Samsung 750-Series 250Gb in raid 0
Oculus Cv1. Win10 pro. Hotas Warthog. 3xLG 24" monitors