That price gave me a heart attack! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

That price gave me a heart attack!

darkstar826darkstar826 Posts: 11
NerveGear
edited January 2016 in General
It's awesome you guys made it to preorder status, but can you guys make the core version instead!?
You know, without the free games and the Xbox One controller.That $599.99(plus tax) and shipping is killing us. That's my rent money.lol

If The Xbox One controller and the free games is adding towards the price Then remove it, so it could sell quick and make developers see we are buying it.

Like seriously...
The Xbox One Controller cost: $59.99
The Games cost $49.99 each(EVE: Valkyrie & Lucky’s Tale. That's the standard price for today).
With those products remove from the bundle. We should at least spend $440.02(plus tax) and shipping.

Anyone agree with me?

Comments

• Cance11ationCance11ation Posts: 521
    Nexus 6
    You forget wireless gaming reciever.
    Check out my twitch [twitch.tv/BATTLE_net]
  • It's awesome you guys made it to preorder status, but can you guys make the core version instead!?
    You know, without the free games and the Xbox One controller.That $599.99(plus tax) and shipping is killing us. That's my rent money.lol

If The Xbox One controller and the free games is adding towards the price Then remove it, so it could sell quick and make developers see we are buying it.

Like seriously...
    The Games cost $49.99 each(EVE: Valkyrie & Lucky’s Tale. That's the standard price for today).
    With those products remove from the bundle. We should at least spend $440.02(plus tax) and shipping.

Anyone agree with me?

I can guarantee Oculus paid nowhere near retail prices for anything included. So your retail prices mean nothing to the price of the rift. It's not like they tacked on $150 for two $50 games and a $50 controller they are forcing on you.

The cost of the remote, games, controller, and wireless dongle probably costed under $50 all together.
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    Palmer Luckey said that the cost of the controller, case, headphones, and software would not drop the price much at all. Most of the price is in things like the two high end custom displays, the optical lenses, and the sensors.
  • darkstar826darkstar826 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited January 2016
    Shaded_War wrote:
    It's awesome you guys made it to preorder status, but can you guys make the core version instead!?

Like seriously...

Anyone agree with me?

I can guarantee Oculus paid nowhere near retail prices for anything included. So your retail prices mean nothing to the price of the rift. It's not like they tacked on $150 for two $50 games and a $50 controller they are forcing on you.

The cost of the remote, games, controller, and wireless dongle probably costed under $50 all together.

Alright, if the manufacturer price is lower than the retail price( I just realize about price difference). The Xbox one controller should cost $15(http://allthingsd.com/20131126/microsof ... own-shows/), The small remote shouldnt cost anything(probably $5) and the two games for $15 to $20 each. With that money right there... They should at least remove $50 from the bundle.

Now the question is... How much is the HMD cost by it self? I got the money to buy it now, but we should have a reasonable price.

I rather spend on my computer parts and use my phone as a Oculus rift device(http://trinusvr.com/) or buy DK2. I could save money and others.
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo

Like seriously...

Anyone agree with me?

No because those are retail prices, NOT what oculus will have paid for them.
    Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • darkstar826darkstar826 Posts: 11
    NerveGear

Like seriously...

Anyone agree with me?

No because those are retail prices, NOT what oculus will have paid for them.

I just realize that.