New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Has everyone calmed down now?? :)

2»

Comments

• maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,782
    Project 2501
    Darcanis wrote:
    Calm... Sure...

Highly annoyed and forced to postpone buying for a undetermined amount of time due to costing upwards of $1100 Canadian in total after all charges.. Yes..

I could buy 3x 970s for that price! Lol

Damn Canadian dollar!!

We might get a better exchange rate with the VIVE valve is still selling the steam controller for 60cad in the steam store so basically the exchange rate on steam right now is 1usd=0.83cad lol here is hoping
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • DarcanisDarcanis Posts: 446
    Art3mis
    maxpare79 wrote:
    Darcanis wrote:
    Calm... Sure...

Highly annoyed and forced to postpone buying for a undetermined amount of time due to costing upwards of $1100 Canadian in total after all charges.. Yes..

I could buy 3x 970s for that price! Lol

Damn Canadian dollar!!

We might get a better exchange rate with the VIVE valve is still selling the steam controller for 60cad in the steam store so basically the exchange rate on steam right now is 1usd=0.83cad lol here is hoping

True steam products and nvidia shield are both way cheaper in store here than ordering from the US online. Shield would cost me nearly $300 more ordered from the US than from newegg or ncix Canada due to all the extra fees and exchange...

Hopefully they sell oculus and vive in store locally later this year.
    Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!
    Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!
    The dead rising from the grave!
    Facebook buying the Oculus Rift!
    Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,234 Valuable Player
    It sounds like I'm the only one that heard "$300-400" and thought, "Pfft, BS." :lol:
  • YoirglYoirgl Posts: 157 Oculus Start Member
    calmed down : no
    moved on : yes
    only pop from time to time to see if they plan any change of strategy but other than that i'm now floating around competitor's forums.
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,782
    Project 2501
    Yoirgl wrote:
    calmed down : no
    moved on : yes
    only pop from time to time to see if they plan any change of strategy but other than that i'm now floating around competitor's forums.

Lol hoping for what?
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    3Jane
    Calm.. yeah I guess I am. Still somewhat annoyed by the high Euro price though, but I finally managed to accept it. Pre-ordered anyway(june shipping).