cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From March to July shipping?

shadowrydr
Protege
Meanwhile, after the first wave of pre-selling, Oculus VR is again pushing back the shipping of the ordered gadgets to July from its original date of March. :?:

http://www.vinereport.com/article/oculu ... y/6803.htm
Win10 64bit Intel 6 Core i7 5930 3.5GZ-Water cooled/GA-X99 UD4-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz Nvidia 1080 FE 8GB / 840 GB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's misleading. We're shipping the first units in March. That's still true.

If you order today, then well you will be waiting until July. That only makes sense with all the people in line.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Man, lots of misleading media posting around misleading information.

witboy83
Explorer
Can't they ramp up production?

Roaster
Rising Star
"cybereality" wrote:
That's misleading. We're shipping the first units in March. That's still true.

If you order today, then well you will be waiting until July. That only makes sense with all the people in line.

So how many is that now?
I can't see any reason Oculus won't divulge the info on number of orders taken. Too embarrassing?
It might drive sales of the bundles if it was known how many are waiting.
The price is sure to help sales of Gear VR.
Maybe it's time to start selling Rift units. Like where you tout the features instead of hiding them. Like where you try to enhance sales. It strikes me as odd that this does not appear to be happening yet.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu