Gear Vr On Pc? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Gear Vr On Pc?

b1000101b1000101 Posts: 3
edited March 2016 in Samsung Gear VR
So im a starter a basic gamer nothing too bug, but ive seen the oculus rift and thats expensive for googles. then i seen the samsung gear vr, now i know it is designed for samsung mobile phones and i dont have a samsung phone im using a oneplus one and i do have a computer that is able to use the vr as i got it passed by steam vr test and the oculus test. I know my computer can run vr and i cant afford to buy the oculus but i would like the samsung vr cause its just about 120$ Cad with shipping and other fees, my question is, can i use the samsung vr on pc? and if i could who would i do that? thanks

Comments

• AshlesAshles Posts: 515
    Art3mis
    b1000101 wrote:
    So im a starter a basic gamer nothing too bug, but ive seen the oculus rift and thats expensive for googles. then i seen the samsung gear vr, now i know it is designed for samsung mobile phones and i dont have a samsung phone im using a oneplus one and i do have a computer that is able to use the vr as i got it passed by steam vr test and the oculus test. I know my computer can run vr and i cant afford to buy the oculus but i would like the samsung vr cause its just about 120$ Cad with shipping and other fees, my question is, can i use the samsung vr on pc? and if i could who would i do that? thanks
    No - the Gear VR can only be used with the appropriate Samsung Phone. It can't be connected to PC (it doesn't have any screen inside).
    "Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,791 Valuable Player
    No i'm afraid you can't.

You have a good PC, maybe you're best waiting until prices of the HMDs come down or other, cheaper products come out?
  • maxsteel1947maxsteel1947 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    b1000101 said:
    Yes you can use samsung  gearvr with pc, I am using it

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,244 Volunteer Moderator
    You do know this is a three (3) year old thread don't you....hang on, my fav meme time =

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• BattleAxeVRBattleAxeVR Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I disagree. 

A thread to which the answer is No, should indeed be necro'ed when the answer is turned to Yes, even if it takes a couple years.

To wit: yes, it is now possible to run a GearVR and an Oculus Quest as a PC VR headset, using third party streaming software.