cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What content would you use to show others the rift

FingerMcPokeye
Heroic Explorer
I anticipate showing the Rift to a lot of folks. What games or content would you recommend?

Assume some will be non-gamers or have only basic controller skills.
Some others may be prone to motion sickness.
Some may be hardcore gamers that can handle stuff.
20 REPLIES 20

snappahead
Expert Protege
Hard to say until Ive tried what's there. I'm hoping Oculus includes the demo loop that was used to show off the Crescent Bay prototype. That sounded like fantastic content to show new people. I think I saw Palmer confirm that some type of material would be available for demoing purposes, but I can't confirm.

Based on what I know I'll have, I'd probably use Henry. No controls to figure out, just a nice story unfolding with beautiful graphics and animation.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Like Snappa, I usually put the VRgins <tm> into a demo that doesn't require much (if any) input. My go to is Sightline-The Chair, and I would imagine I would do something similar with the consumer Rift when it arrives.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The devil inside me would say "try this game , it's called deadhalls, no its quite a funny game" mwhahahaha

I'd have to show fsx or p3d 🙂

Tony
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

VizionVR
Rising Star
For seated: Sightline: The Chair is a good choice. If you can spare the few minutes I highly recommend Titans of Space. And of course a good roller coaster demo is always fun for beginners.

For standing:
Epic's Showdown is a nice quick peek at VR, The Blu will be available, and I too hope that some of that Crescent Bay stuff is made available (The Mirror, Paper City, The Alien, etc.)
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Windlands might be fun to show off. The Climb would be a lot of fun when that comes out, especially with Touch.

RyanVR
Protege
Idk but not something like Dreadhalls or things with weird movement, that make you throw up.

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
I'd start up Elite: Dangerous with a spaceship in the bowels of a space station. Then have them get their ship ready to launch, which moves it on a track and lifts it into the main space station, which looks amazing in VR. Then have them launch and fly out of the space station into space, and finally have them turn around and head back into the space station and land. That is an amazing demo to people with no VR experience, even non-gamers.

If it's a gamer I'm showing it to, I'll then send them into CQC combat in the game, so they can experience the gameplay advantage VR gives, allowing them to follow enemy ships visually out their windows to help aim at them and giving them the fun of shooting at other ships.

maxpare79
Trustee
Elite Dangerous... Entering a space station and orbiting a sun... Also Affected if it works with CV1... That's the first two..Project Cars, Euro Truck... EVE might be easier for a noob to play...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

FingerMcPokeye
Heroic Explorer
"Techy111" wrote:
The devil inside me would say "try this game , it's called deadhalls, no its quite a funny game" mwhahahaha

I'd have to show fsx or p3d 🙂

Tony

Dude, totally going to do this to select people.

SightLine: The chair looks promising. Thanks!

I figured InMind-Vr would be a good one for those non-gamers. Also, that Ultimate roller coaster game that's on Steam.

Elite Dangerous might be a candidate for more experienced gamers but my hope is that visually Valkyrie blows it out of the water.