New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Set SD as download folder for the Gear VR

SlaytanicThrasherSlaytanicThrasher Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited March 2016 in Samsung Gear VR
I love the VR and I love to watch all the videos and show them to my friends. But due to the lower resolution when I stream the footage i like to store them on my phone (s7) But due to the large size of the VR videos the internal storage of my phone is being filled up very quickly. But I also have a SD card of more than 100 GB in my phone but I cant seem to have my Gear VR store the videos on the SD card.

Is it possible to set the Gear VR storage on the SD card, if this is not possible is it possible to set the Gear VR download folder on the SD card, this would really enhance my Gear VR experience!

Another solution would be to set your SD card as internal storage but for some reason Samsung disabled this function on the s7, and its not possible to do it without rooting and I dont want too root my phone. If anyone could help me with my storage problem it would be very much appreciated

Comments

• EienFrEienFr Posts: 4
    No need to root just add adoptable storage on.
    Here a tuto : http://www.modaco.com/news/android/here ... dge-r1632/

After add adoptable storage, go into Storage and click on the new internal storage from SD card then Option> Export data or something else. Now your Internal new sd card storage will be the first storage uses when you install app or VR app.

Works for me.
  • SlaytanicThrasherSlaytanicThrasher Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yeah that didnt work for me for some reason, I just wish Oculus would make the Gear VR software installable on the SD card
  • gregory.i.hayesgregory.i.hayes Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    EienFr said:
    No need to root just add adoptable storage on.
    Here a tuto : http://www.modaco.com/news/android/here ... dge-r1632/

After add adoptable storage, go into Storage and click on the new internal storage from SD card then Option> Export data or something else. Now your Internal new sd card storage will be the first storage uses when you install app or VR app.

Works for me.

It is not possible to use Adoptable Storage on Samsung S8's or S9's. So that is not a solution for new phones running oreo or pie.
  • gregory.i.hayesgregory.i.hayes Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited October 20
    I have a Samsung S8 Plus and It is not possible to use Adoptable Storage on them so that is not a solution for new phones running oreo or pie. The only option for me is to root my phone, and I am not going to do that, too many hassles with updates, warranty, etc. VR Gear needs to be able have the data it's apps loads moveable to the SD card.