cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation VR real price/preorder revealed: $499, 3/22

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/18/playstation-vr-launch-bundle-pre-orders-start-tuesday/
"Sony" wrote:
It’s been an exciting week for PS VR, but we still have more news to share. Starting at 7:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, March 22nd, pre-orders will open for the PlayStation VR Launch Bundle at participating retailers. Exclusively for pre-sale and in limited quantities, this bundle will include:
*All contents of the PS VR core bundle:
**PS VR headset
**PS VR cables
**Stereo Headphones
**PlayStation VR Demo Disc

*PlayStation Camera
*2 PlayStation Move motion controllers
*PlayStation VR Worlds (disc)

...$499.99...$699.99 CAD

And the kicker:
"Sony" wrote:
The core PS VR bundle, which has a suggested retail price of $399.99 USD / $549.99 CAD, is not available for pre-order.

So, full bundle with the camera, controllers, and a real game rather than a demo, $499.99, goes on preorder Tuesday March 22. The cheaper package they announced first, that's only the headset and not even camera, isn't going to be available for preorder at all.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm at work so can't double check, but AFAIK, the core bundle went on pre-order in the UK earlier this week. I had an email from Amazon inviting me to pre-order it.

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
Well, this is the US PlayStation blog, so maybe it only pertains to the US.

Ashles
Protege
"Dreamwriter" wrote:
So, full bundle with the camera, controllers, and a real game rather than a demo, $499.99, goes on preorder Tuesday March 22. The cheaper package they announced first, that's only the headset and not even camera, isn't going to be available for preorder at all.

I've already ordered the cheaper bundle in the UK. Apparently it sold out in 10 mins but I have confirmation from Amazon.
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."