cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Tablet - Rift not working properly

hucki
Honored Guest
Hi,

When I use the Rift on my tablet, certain games (e.g. RiftRacer) don't work at all (after the Unity splash screen there's just a blank screen with 'trial version' written in the bottom corner).

For the Tuscany demo, it shows it as a single image, and not as the dual warped images it should be showing.
However, when I open up the settings box on the demo, it shows the box twice as it should.
So the demo is half working, half not.

Anyone know why?

Thanks 🙂
37 REPLIES 37

Guspaz
Honored Guest
Do you have the right drivers installed for your GPU?

hucki
Honored Guest
What drivers do I need?
All of the non-Rift programs I have work fine.

geekmaster
Protege
Do you have enough GPU video memory? Perhaps it only supports apps that need less video RAM.

hucki
Honored Guest
My tablet has the following specs:
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Total Graphics Memory: 1664MB

cybereality
Grand Champion
This could happen if the head-tracker is not detected.

Has the tracker worked in any of the demos?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

hucki
Honored Guest
Not on the tablet, no.

When I loaded the Tuscany demo, head tracking doesn't work, and the image is a singular image.
So, I assume it's something wrong with the USB connection.
If it makes any difference, I've tried connecting it via both the USB2 and USB3 connection, and neither works.

And it definitely isn't a faulty Rift as it works on my computer (apart from a few small problems in the other thread I posted).

Guspaz
Honored Guest
Make sure you don't have the Oculus config tool running when you run the game. Only one application can use the headtracker at a time, so leaving the Oculus config tool running in the background will block any other game from working.

hucki
Honored Guest
According to Task Manager, there doesn't seem to be anything with 'Oculus' in it running.

And I tried restarting the computer. That didn't work.

😞

geekmaster
Protege
Do other USB devices work with your Win8 Tablet?

Try different devices, such as USB webcam, USB memory stick, external USB mouse, USB keyboard, etc...