cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now yet a devkit revision at the end of 2013?

Endemo
Explorer
2 REPLIES 2

Inscothen
Explorer
"nmitchell" wrote:
Hey everyone,

To clarify all this:

Those slides were from our business/vision presentation at Nvidia's GTC conference. The information from that presentation (dates, concepts, projections, etc...) represent our vision, ideas, and on-going research/exploration. None of it should be considered fact, though we'd love to have that projected revenue! 😉

A lot of people have been asking about the rendering of the headset in particular. That's one of many concepts of what the consumer version of the Rift might look like, but we haven't finalized anything for the consumer version yet. We're still in the drawing/concept stage.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused! We have a lot of exciting projects underway to make Oculus virtual reality more compelling. More official information will be revealed when it's nailed down.

Shameless plug: If you're interested in working with us to make this vision a reality, email us at careers@oculus.com!

Thanks again,

-- Nate

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1144

jkflipflop
Honored Guest
I REALLY like the look of that consumer version with the built-in 3D cameras (that I'm going to go ahead and assume are matched to the resolution of the rift screen or greater).

I'd also like to see replaceable foam padding and maybe even a small cooling fan. Something like a 50-60mm cooling fan with proper "ducting" formed into the plastic could be very effective and silent if rotated at a lower rpm. Just enough flow to keep the heat flowing, but not enough to dry out your eyes.