cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see pixels

StiX
Honored Guest
Does anyone also experience this? I tried to tune the devkit, changed A lenses to B and C, but nothing helps. The pixels are huge!
20 REPLIES 20

ftarnogol
Expert Protege
We all knew this from the get go. The panel is 720p split in 2. Add this to a ~110 FoV, then you get pixels a-hoy! :lol:

SiggiG
Protege
Why is this a surprise? Everyone knew the res was going to be low and Oculus has been upfront about that since the start.
This is a developer kit meant to get us started making VR games, not a consumer product.
CCP Games, EVE: Valkyrie developer | @SiggiGG

atavener
Adventurer
Better than "I see dead pixels."

Anonymous
Not applicable
"atavener" wrote:
Better than "I see dead pixels."

Haha. Perfect.

sth
Honored Guest

VisualKnight
Honored Guest
Most emulators I run are 320x240 or 352x240... so less than 640x800 per eye is an upgrade for me. :mrgreen:

StiX
Honored Guest
I knew about resolution, but i didn't expected pixels will be so huge. They are the problem - my eyes keep focusing on them and on the virtual world, causing headache. A minute in Rift and I have 3 hours of headache and eyeache. I don't have to move - just put the dev kit on my head.

sobchak
Honored Guest
"StiX" wrote:
I knew about resolution, but i didn't expected pixels will be so huge. They are the problem - my eyes keep focusing on them and on the virtual world, causing headache. A minute in Rift and I have 3 hours of headache and eyeache. I don't have to move - just put the dev kit on my head.

Sounds like the tech is up to your expectations or requirements at the moment 😞 Others don't appear to be so effected.

StiX
Honored Guest
Others don't appear to be so effected.

Thats, what i've wanted to hear. Seems like my personal perception problem.