So, new layout... — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So, new layout...

maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,768
Project 2501
edited March 2016 in General
Will get some use to, looks more like a mobile site now then a desktop site...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1

Comments

• DoomWaffleDoomWaffle Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I've got to change this purple face!
  • NokiBENokiBE Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    this is so confusing
  • kingzopekingzope Posts: 197
    Art3mis
    I'm sure this will look great in the Rift though.  Probably one of the reasons for the change.  Frankly I'm already used to it lol.
    DK1 Order No: 574XX (US)
    DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX
    CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX
    Oculus Go
  • molstermolster Posts: 25
    yeah I dont get the styles at all, it feels unprofessional looking
  • TFWPrimusTFWPrimus Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Yeah, weird structure.
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722 Poster of the Week
    Yeah, not a fan of the new layout at all. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,768
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    Can't find the edit button of an existing post...oh well...there is a new like and dislike system...weird I can edit my second post but not the first one, maybe because it's a thread starter...
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    Is this design more VR friendly?
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
    Brain Burst
    wish it would atleast auto update but you still have to refresh to see new posts. maybe in the next update
  • daskredaskre Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The font size seems to be pretty big... Guess it's easier to read in VR now
  • VizionVR said:
    Is this design more VR friendly?
    Not imo!
    ASUS Maximus VII Formula
    Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz
    32GB DDR3 Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz
    DK2 Owner
    CV1 Preordered.
    Brain Burst
    maxpare79 said:
    Can't find the edit button of an existing post...oh well...there is a new like and dislike system...
    top right theres a hidden setting wheel

• maxpare79 said:
    Can't find the edit button of an existing post...oh well...there is a new like and dislike system...
    You need to press the cog wheel on your comment on the top right
    ASUS Maximus VII Formula
    Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz
    32GB DDR3 Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz
    DK2 Owner
    CV1 Preordered.
  • ericligaericliga Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    So the default view is a single pool, and the old topic and subtopic boards are effectively tags/filters now?
  • willstewillste Posts: 675
    Brain Burst
    daskre said:
    The font size seems to be pretty big... Guess it's easier to read in VR now
    Just seeing how quotes look now...
    Project 2501
    NokiBE said:
    maxpare79 said:
    top right theres a hidden setting wheel
    Yeah I can edit all my posts except the thread starters one
  • daskredaskre Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 2016
    maxpare79 said:
    Can't find the edit button of an existing post...oh well...there is a new like and dislike system...weird I can edit my second post but not the first one, maybe because it's a thread starter...
    hover over the top right corner of the post header

and it's pretty weird that my new posts gets added to the thread as soon as I click "Post Comment" but other comments that were written before I hit the button don't show up unless I refresh. Probably not a problem as soon as you enter a more calm thread ;P
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    daskre said:
    maxpare79 said:
    hover over the top right corner of the post header

and it's pretty weird that my new posts gets added to the thread as soon as I click "Post Comment" but other comments that were written before I hit the button don't show up unless I refresh. Probably not a problem as soon as you enter a more calm thread ;P
    Ah ok found it...thx, gotta say these fonts are huge but the actual screen filling space is minimal on a 2560 x 1440 screen, there is a lot of white now, I guess it will be a bad idea to open this up when I wake up, I might just burn my eyes lol...anyway pretty sure this is VR related...
  • SgtTommoSgtTommo Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Weird stuff, but hello!
  • andrewtekandrewtek Posts: 971
    Art3mis
    I am happy that we will have much improved mobile support!
  • xBoggartxBoggart Posts: 86
    Brain Burst
    Looks more like a blog than a forum! May be reducing the font size and the overall layout containers will make it look better! 
  • zmanxzmanx Posts: 5
    they should've just stayed with the previous 'vanilla forum' look
  • RavereRavere Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    The font is easy to read, but the style is very different from any forum I've used before, it feels very... metro
    Brain Burst
    if you look at it from a VR, social way of communicating and not as a enthiousiast tech support forum it is actually decent. Maybe get a life chatbox somewhere and you have a social hub. and a box to put your order number in as a trolly magic 8ball minigame :)
  • yahknow1yahknow1 Posts: 83
    The first thing that struck me is I had to go into a thread to see how many posts/pages it contained? I agree with the majority so far: THIS SUCKS
    i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X