So, new layout... - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So, new layout...

Comments

• JoseJose Posts: 888
    Trinity
    edited March 2016
    I think there's too much contrast with the black and white color scheme.

New layout actually works really well in mobile.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Nexious said:
    The layout seems big.  I am guessing they want people to be able to see it while they are using the Rift.  Is there any way to change the picture that is attached to the username?    All in all its good.  :)
    Yes. Just check your profile. You can do this by clicking the gear on the top right.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • treytechtreytech Posts: 243
    Art3mis
    Feels more like a comments section than a forum now.
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,768
    Project 2501
    VizionVR said:
    Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.
    Your post looks fine on my PC and my Android phone
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    VizionVR said:
    I'm liking the auto draft save. No spell check tho. Edit: edit works. :) Edit edit: No sentence spacing?
    Yes.

You can make sentences.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • in6secondsin6seconds Posts: 405
    Nexus 6
    I just don't like the fact that everything is so big and squished on one side, I liked how big every comments looked before with smaller font, I don't know why they couldn't keep the same template and just added all the features.
  • NexiousNexious Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Nexious said:
    The layout seems big.  I am guessing they want people to be able to see it while they are using the Rift.  Is there any way to change the picture that is attached to the username?    All in all its good.  :)
    Yes. Just check your profile. You can do this by clicking the gear on the top right.
    Thank you sir.  :)
    Project 2501
    It looks really good on my phone...better then the old one...the PC version will get some use too but that's progress for you folks...:-)

I might have chose eggshell white lol instead of bright white as a background...or maybe light gray, oh well the forum will now light up my whole basement guess I will save on the electric bill ;)
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    Looking good! 
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • I'm liking this! 
    NokiBE said:
    wish it would atleast auto update but you still have to refresh to see new posts. maybe in the next update
    So if you click a topic from the main discussions list, it will automatically go to the newest post in the thread. I don't think it auto-refreshes but we can look into adding that in the future.
  • AuxPlumesAuxPlumes Posts: 49
    edited March 2016
    Damn, no inconito dislikes, this is rough for trolls : D
    I'm liking it overall, but I would like to see how many pages are in the thread without clicking on it, and having the date of the creation of the post on the mainboard is very useful aswell.
  • jxburrosjxburros Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    I'm not a fan...but I typically never like redesigns.  In a few days' time, I'll forget it even happened.
    VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)
  • NokiBENokiBE Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    is it me or if you read certain pages it will take you directly to the first new post of a thread instead of the first page?
    MikeF said:
    Where are all the developer sub forums? Really hope thats not gone
    There's a drop-down menu on the right lower hand panel. It will say "Community". Just click the down around and choose "Developer". There are also different languages sections there as well.
    VizionVR said:
    Not working for me. I'm on android tablet.
    It's working on my Android phone. We also tested on iOS. Which device do you have?
  • galopingalopin Posts: 355
    Nexus 6
    One word : horrible…
    I just don't like the fact that everything is so big and squished on one side, I liked how big every comments looked before with smaller font, I don't know why they couldn't keep the same template and just added all the features.
    I think some people are viewing the mobile layout on a desktop device. Can I ask what browser and device you are using? Can you take a screenshot and share it here?
  • rogueqdrogueqd Posts: 148
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2016
    Why oh why? The other forums worked fine. I don't like it and I doubt I'll get used to it. The thick black title bars are... why?
    Can we go back to the old forums please?
  • klesherklesher Posts: 1
    Nice
  • JoseJose Posts: 888
    Trinity
    Has anyone viewed the new forum on Gear VR using Samsung Browser?
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    Don't like this at all. Massive fonts, garish layout. Looks more like the forum for a boy band than for a tech product.

Tried on my mobile earlier too, and looks even worse. Also, doesn't seem to be any way to find out who/when the last post on a thread was without actually going into it.?
    Nexus 6
    rogueqd said:
    Why oh why? The other forums worked fine. I don't like it and I doubt I'll get used to it. The thick black title bars are... why?
    Can we go back to the old forums please?
    on a 4k monitor, the horizontal width is like 20% of my monitor :( Plus the white flashy layout burn my eyes, they need a dark theme quick. Font is ugly large and the framing around each post is too big too.

There is a best of page where the post are like one third in size witch several column, this is a nice layout, not perfect, but i can understand the concept. But for the main board, it just does not work !
    Project 2501

This is what I see on Chrome win10 2560x1440
  • BaishanBaishan Posts: 48
    Brain Burst
    It looks much better on mobile which is what I usually read on. The desktop version doesn't look great though, don't like the dark grey header area on each reply makes it look like each reply is a separate conversation. The width is also too narrow with large font imo.
  • symbioticvirussymbioticvirus Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Its like Facebook now =)
    Will the forums be accessible in the Oculus Headset?
    Project 2501
    notsram said:
    Don't like this at all. Massive fonts, garish layout. Looks more like the forum for a boy band than for a tech product.

Tried on my mobile earlier too, and looks even worse. Also, doesn't seem to be any way to find out who/when the last post on a thread was without actually going into it.?
    On pc you see it Nostram....it's written in small characters bellow the thread title
    Nexus 6
    maxpare79 said:

it is twice as worse on a 4K resolution :(
  • MoikeMoike Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Hmm... 
    Michael T Jones
    BrainFizz VR LLC
    BrainFizzVR (@BrainFizzVR) | Twitter
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    maxpare79 said:

I'm only on bog standard 1920 x 1080 and mine isn't a lot better than that. Over half the screen width wasted...