So, new layout... - Page 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

So, new layout...

Comments

• VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    edited March 2016
    No image or video embed? I sag a gif embed. How did that happen? And my tablet isn't supporting spell check either. Looks like Ill log in with PC and ty this again. Also no sentence dropdown.
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,768
    Project 2501
    crim3 said:
    I'm having lots of fun wih the likes/dislikes functionality! :D :D
    Where is Sharpfish when we need him rofl
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    VizionVR said:
    No image or video embed? I sag a gif embed. How did that happen?
    We can't upload files anymore...just link to files or images...no more youtube button as well? Probably the link button

I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Wintermute
    maxpare79 said:
    VizionVR said:
    No image or video embed? I sag a gif embed. How did that happen?
    We can't upload files anymore...just link to files or images...no more youtube button as well? Probably the link button

Test :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_2OVz49Oo
    What link button? Theres a link button? LOL
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited March 2016
    The new layout is not too bad in my opinion. At first i thought it looked really confusing and i still have to get used to it, but i think it's alright. I definitely don't have any problem with the contrast as mentioned by some people here, it's perfectly comfortable for me.
  • Carlo_VRCarlo_VR Posts: 2
    Looks great on my mobile.
  • RyanVRRyanVR Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Whats the point of tweaking the forum for VR Viewing?
    Can we write with the HMD strapped to the head?
    NO.

I hate this mobile style, I just don't get it.

Heavily Disliked..

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited March 2016

If you want to embed a YouTube video. Just post the full URL in your post. That's it.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    crim3 said:
    I'm having lots of fun wih the likes/dislikes functionality! :D :D
    Agree! Now it's time to re-read all those posts I didn't like and like and give my true expressions  >:):)
    There is file attachment support, but it's disabled right now. It shouldn't be hard to bring back.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Wintermute
    Project 2501
    yeah it's now just a simple copy paste...at first I used the link button and it didn't work 
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
    The scrolling is also clunky... needs to have smoothscrolling enabled or something. 
  • bdjewkesbdjewkes Posts: 11
    Where did the developer forums go?
  • agenttoffagenttoff Posts: 325
    Trinity
    Please do this:

Change the container to 90% instead of 1224px

• BloodletBloodlet Posts: 733
    3Jane
    Well at least the change finally got me to add my avatar, but only to get rid of the damned aweful face you gave me -.-
  • RyanVRRyanVR Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok, it's not THAT bad.
    Just figured out, my Browser Zoom was like 150%.
  • crim3crim3 Posts: 385
    Nexus 6
    Please, cyber, add the "facepalm" button, please. :D
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 587
    Nexus 6
    I don't see when someone has registered which while not indicative of anything did provide some info.
    3Jane
    crim3 said:
    Please, cyber, add the "facepalm" button, please. :D
    Yea I would like to see that. Dislike is pretty harsh, when all you need is a way of expressing that was a pointless/embarrassing comment. 
    3Jane
    edited March 2016
    Anyone else notice how the font is uneven. Like there was a little earthquake and the letters have become unaligned? It's messing with my vision.
  • MahtavavarvasMahtavavarvas Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    I gotta say that I don't like this new forum style at all. So much wasted space between messages = pointless scrolling and it now takes longer to read. Now that would not be a problem if the new forum would scale properly with browser zoom, but it does not. 
  • rtsolidayrtsoliday Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Needs an easier way to switch pages on mobile. Having to scroll to the bottom is no good. No complaints other than that.
  • crim3crim3 Posts: 385
    Nexus 6
    Oh, no. After a Firefox update now I'm getting the mobile layout :/
  • Viewing is far more enjoyable on mobile than on PC. It's to squished on PC but still usable.
  • christopherbarnhousechristopherbarnhouse Posts: 261
    Nexus 6
    Seems like an improvement to me. I like the new rating buttons. And the time zone is correct now :)
    Project 2501
    bdjewkes said:
    https://forums.oculus.com/developer
    maxpare79 said:
    bdjewkes said:
    https://forums.oculus.com/developer
    There is a drop-down menu on the right hand bar under the categories. Click the down arrow next to "Community" and choose "Developer". There are also different languages there.
  • MinituMinitu Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Bloodlet said:
    Well at least the change finally got me to add my avatar, but only to get rid of the damned aweful face you gave me -.-
    haha, same here
    Soon upgrading to Ryzen
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    edited March 2016
    My only real issue is, Cybereality doesn't look any different from anyone else, unless you are paying attention _ I'm used to looking for the blue name