New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How To Guide For The New Forum

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,543 Volunteer Moderator
    The Save Draft button doesn't work if the post is empty.
    This is needed because if the auto save (once a minute by the look of it) goes off while writing a post which I then decide to not post, that incomplete post will appear every time I revisit that thread. Saving a blank draft won't get rid of it, I need to insert a space then save.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Interesting find.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,747 Valuable Player
    Comments needing approval. What's the criteria for this status please? I've added external links to the post concerned so perhaps that's it? Although it hasn't been an issue until now?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Looks like some comments were getting detected as spam. Thankfully the new forum system lets me manually approve these comments, or verify known users, so people don't get stuck as spammers falsely. I just went through the queue so everything is approved.

Also, Baba came back (but the spam filter rightfully blocked all his spam)!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • TrytipedTrytiped Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    I read somewhere, where you stated Oculus would be adding on to your team fairly soon; are there some pretty hefty requirments to apply as forum moderator?
    giphy.gif
  • I like the new forums!
    Trytiped said:
    I read somewhere, where you stated Oculus would be adding on to your team fairly soon; are there some pretty hefty requirments to apply as forum moderator?
    Yes, in the future we may be looking for community moderators, but it will probably be people that are hand-picked because they are long-time members, with a large amount of posts, etc.
    edited March 2016
    I like the new forums!
    Awesome! Me too.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,747 Valuable Player
    Ahh In6seconds for mod then! Grrrrrrreat!

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • TrytipedTrytiped Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    Makes sense, thanks for the update!
    giphy.gif
  • bo3bbo3b Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    I can always tell when the web people use retina Macs, because the fonts are always GIGANTIC compared to other web sites.  Seriously, this is a real problem, you should take it seriously. Please at least test the forums on normal dpi monitors.

Let's compare a normal google page to the forums:

• NijNij Posts: 310
    Nexus 6

Loving the new look, now i'm used to it, great for people lile me who don't have the best of eyesight but can see how some people will be put off by the large font size

One question though, how do we now unsubscribe from a discussion we've commented on, I know we can change the settings to stop emails about this but I dont want to stop all emails, just no longer want to be notified about a specific disussion, cant find an option anywhere?, thanks @cybeeality

I was a believer!! I was a Kickstarter backer!! Now I shall reap the rewards!!! :D :D :D
    @Nij As far as I can tell, you can't change notifications on specific threads. The best thing to do would be to disable notifications from threads you posted in, but leave on notifications for bookmarked threads. Then only bookmark the threads you want to hear about. Bookmarking is done by clicking the orange star icon.
  • NijNij Posts: 310
    Nexus 6
    Cool thanks dude! 
    I was a believer!! I was a Kickstarter backer!! Now I shall reap the rewards!!! :D :D :D
  • Amazing
  • LKostyraLKostyra Posts: 263
    The new look works great for me. A very good change indeed!

I found one minor issue, but I guess this will be hard to get rid of. It shows up especially on the "Post your Rift setup pics" thread.

I read the thread. Then I left it and the next day visited the thread once more to see the updates (there was the "XX new" icon next to it). Of course, I was automagically set up to the last reply I saw. This is where things got interesting - because the images were not preloaded, the page started to download them, which made the entire content (together with my last read post) go down. Thus, when all of the images loaded, I was somewhere in the middle of the thread, instead of on last read post.

This is not that big of an issue, and there probably won't be much threads like the one mentioned, but it can be kind of confusing. It happens on latest Chrome, version 49.0.2623.110, but I guess this won't matter much, as this is about how the forum handles image loading.
    DK1: Received
    DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received
    CV1: (Jan 6) Pending
    Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM
  • joanjoan Posts: 131
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    bo3b said:

@bo3b: You… You have 17521 unread emails :D

• DannyMNLDannyMNL Posts: 273
    Nexus 6
    Lol, I just received an E-mail from Oculus. Got all excited, until I noticed it was just a notification about me becoming level 2 on the forums... :D

ASUS Z97-Pro Gamer | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming OC 6Gb | i7-4790K 4.0Ghz | Crucial Ballistix 16Gb DDR3-1600 | Cooler Master G750M | Windows 10 64-bit | AOC G2460PG G-Sync 144hz 3D-monitor
  • Hey, everything I post with my main account 'superllama' is being flagged for spam or something, because it's not going through after the "approval" thing. I had to make an alt account just to post this. Is there anything that can be done about this?
    @superllama53 Sorry about that. I just verified your original account so you won't be flagged as spam again. Hope that helps.
  • jabjab Posts: 204
    Nexus 6
    Any chance for a 'compact' design option that use a normal font and adapts posts to the width of the browser window? Right now I spend more time scrolling, then reading.
  • MaruluMarulu Posts: 129
    Art3mis
    edited April 2016
    It seems like there is a problem with the badges system.

By now I should have the third anniversary badge and the combo breaker badge but I did not receive them.

EDIT: I just received the 3rd anniversary badge, was this because of this post?
  • Please can someone help!!

Can anyone please confirm how to run a Oculus compatible game bought on 'Steam'..

As soon as i put on the Oculus Rift it boots up the Oculus store, how do i start the game bought from the steam store.

Sorry in advance if this sounds like i am being really stupid...... Im new to all this lol

Thanks in advance.
  • comixcrozcomixcroz Posts: 210
    Art3mis
    Please can someone help!!

Can anyone please confirm how to run a Oculus compatible game bought on 'Steam'..

As soon as i put on the Oculus Rift it boots up the Oculus store, how do i start the game bought from the steam store.

Sorry in advance if this sounds like i am being really stupid...... Im new to all this lol

Thanks in advance.
    install Steam VR, run Oculus Home, make sure the allow unapproved software box is checked in Home's settings, right click the game in steam and select "run in vr" - done
  • MarezeMareze Posts: 1
    Are all the games the same for everyone on the 6 free games you receive with the VR bundle promo for the Galaxy S7 Edge phone.
    People were abusing the "dislike" feature, so I removed it. Thanks.
  • mgx76mgx76 Posts: 1
    Ucretsiz kod sahip oldugum urunu yanlislikla ucret ile satin aldim ucret iadesini geri alabilirkiyim..
    edited May 2016
    Özür. forumun bu kısmı sadece İngilizce , ama Oculus destek hizmetlerine başvurabilirsiniz
    https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/tr/requests/new
  • YennYenn Posts: 3
    Hola.... tengo un DK2  antes funcionaba bien, pero ahora la camara no enciende y el oculus no enciende luz azul.
  • YennYenn Posts: 3
    Ayuda por favor.............
This discussion has been closed.