New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How To Guide For The New Forum

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited May 2016
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Silver0066Silver0066 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Why aren't we able to have the threads sorted by date, descending within each post so that the new ones are on top?
  • RobHermansRobHermans Posts: 712
    3Jane
    edited May 2016
    Why aren't we able to have the threads sorted by date, descending within each post so that the new ones are on top?
    That is the default display method, isn't it? There are some sticky posts which always appear before threads with the newest posts, but the newest ones are always next, in descending order for me. :/

EDIT: or do you want to sort the posts WITHIN each thread? Hmm, seems not much need for that either, since the forum software automatically takes you to the latest post with the "#latest" addition to the url.
  • DezgieXDezgieX Posts: 1
    How to Install ??????
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • geekmastergeekmaster Posts: 2,866
    Nexus 6
    I am looking for my old posts, to refresh my memory after I have been away so long. As I recall, the old forum gave useful search results. Searching for "geekmaster" now finds a ton of posts that say "geekmaster wrote:" and nothing else. I have to actually CLICK them (and then back again) just to decide whether they were worth clicking. I would rather search the list for posts I want to click. Can't we get a better search summary than just "geekmaster wrote:"? Please? I want to become active here again, but this site layout (and harsh visual contrast) his burning my eyes (even in the daytime) and preventing me from navigating efficiently. What am I missing?
    3Jane
    ...What am I missing?
    A winner's T-shirt? :D 

Sorry, welcome back! :) I know what you mean re search results, I'm having similar troubles using the search function today; I want to find any posts relating to resizing the mirrored monitor window, but entering "resize", "mirror" and "window" in the search box is not giving any useful results. :|
  • gluebaggluebag Posts: 81
    Can you move a post once it has been posted? Or is there a pre mod policy for newbies?
    3Jane
    gluebag said:
    Can you move a post once it has been posted? Or is there a pre mod policy for newbies?
    Non-mods cannot move posts, only mods have those permissions. I'm sure if you pm one of the Volunteer Moderators they could move a post for you.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,484 Valuable Player
    Hi @gluebag, mods can delete posts from a thread if requested, move threads to different areas or merge duplicate threads plus a couple other things
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,282 Valuable Player
    Hmmm but can mods move mountains?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,484 Valuable Player

Faith can move mountains.. she's a big girl

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)
    @geekmaster when you are on the search page, click the down arrow for more options. You can search for just a particular user (among other things).

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2016
    @cybereality: What search PAGE? I only see a search BOX in the upper right corner. And I just used that search box to search for "search page" and it found nothing like what you showed above. And besides, my comment was about search RESULTS. Where can I selelct how many lines of each result to display in that list? The first line is relatively useless, considering how many posts I have made here, ESPECIALLY when that is all it finds when I select an author. This new site layout not only hurts my eyes (literally too stark contrast, and probably horrible "god-rays" in a CV1 as a result) but it is confusing -- stuff I relied on is missing, and so many broken links to previously local content pollute my posts. It really bothers me enough to push me away. Has nobody else dared to say such things before? I am lost in this place now that I am interested again (lost me with no DK2, but back with my CV1). But really, I cannot find REAL useful content, buried until all the swag-seeker posts. Yeah, I know, unintended consequences, as a once great forum becomes candy crush saga... Perhaps I will figure out some trick to help me navigate the wilderness of overgrowth on my once familar playground that was the Oculus Rift forum, or maybe not... Where do I start again?
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2016
    Where is the good stuff in this forum? Were are the real developers? Where are the bright ideas? How do I navigate here? Where is the reset button?
    edited June 2016
    The search page is here.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/search

There is a developer section of the forum. Click the drop-down menu on the right side that says "Community". The down arrow will let you switch to "Developers". 

Lots of people complained about the new forum, just like they complain about everything else. Most people learned to like it. It's much better now, it just takes a second to get used to it.
    Nexus 6
    edited June 2016
    Like the new Win10 everybody is going to get later this summer. I get betas pushed daily to my machine, but suddenly it was an all new start menu. My first throught was "Woah, where is everything?" but a half minute later is was "Ya know, I like this better!". I hope that is the same here, but I am still in the bewilderment phase.This place ain't what I leaned in my bones when I made all those posts, ya know?

The hard part of the new Win10 is figuring out workarounds for the built-in ubuntu bash shell. No kernel, so ya just gotta work around it. I did get around the "no binfmt kernel module" (I like running mixed architectures in my machine), but it (and other things) need some clever hackery (and BTW, I am launching a kernel there now too). Y'all are gonna love the new Win10. Something in it for everyone (including some linux folks). Hope the Rift CV1 works on it, but certainly, it must...

Now I just need to figure out workarounds for all the stuff I relied on that ain't where it used to be, here in this forum.
  • bjonz0226bjonz0226 Posts: 1
    Why does my galaxy s7 get so hot while playing my gear vr
  • bporgnbporgn Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    I can't post
    e: nvm
  • I have the Galaxy Note 5 Verizon model SM-N920V and I purchased the Gear VR oculus and Im getting the black screen when connected and a x at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens will not connect. Any suggestion
    Try uninstalling the Oculus and Gear VR services and then dock your phone again.
  • I have paid for 2 apps AFFECTED: The Manor and Herobound Spirit Champion and now i have got my new phone samsung s7 from a samsung s6 i have not got my 2 paid for apps? I have kept the same account Help. My email address is [email protected]
  • How do i play downloaded apps on oculus...it always takes me to oculus home.
  • kernowkernow Posts: 733
    Trinity
    How do i play downloaded apps on oculus...it always takes me to oculus home.
    You have to go into settings in Home and toggle the setting about allowing third party apps (aka., "unknown sources," or something like that).
  • S6 updated to Marshmallow, Gear VR dead, two Xs on blacl screen then normal screen tried everything, I paid £80 for this crap.... Will not be promoting this shit to anyone, just telling people to go to HTC or wait for Sony VR....
    We made an update to the text on the forum, which should result in a clearer image and also reduced the font size of the messages to be more normal. Hope everyone appreciates the change.
  • driftVFXdriftVFX Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Is there a way for a forum member that makes a post, to move it to another category.
    We just noticed our post in Games and Apps should have gone in showcase..since its WIP not released.

I cant work out how to do that ?

Thanks

• Wooow
    @driftVFX only mods can move threads. You can PM me to do that. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.