How To Guide For The New Forum - Page 6 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How To Guide For The New Forum

12346»

Comments

• I am new to this forum and to Oculus, and I am attempting to compile the Tiny Room demo.  Where should I install the OVR or SDK files?  I must have missed something, as the projects will open in Visual Studio but it gives lots of errors (unresolved externals symbols, etc.)  It's pretty clear I have not put things where they belong.  Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited September 2016
    The PC Developer forum is here:
    https://forums.oculus.com/developer/categories/pc-development
    Last I remember the samples should just compile out the box, but maybe you a missing the Windows SDK (which includes the DirectX SDK)?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • supportdoessupportdoes Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have a quick question. 
    I'm trying to set up two CV1 and two sensors near by at the same place. 
    is there going to be any interference between them? 

You can, but you should try it so the sensors are not overlapping very much.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • I need help on how to get the app icon back please i delete it now cant get it back and the head set will not work
    Try reinstalling or doing a repair install.
  • jagarzajagarza Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is the Oculus Rift going to add Matterport apps, if so when. The Samsung gear Vr offers it but want to experience the Oculus Rift, is there a way to add the app or send a link.
  • blood0000blood0000 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Oculus software not helping (set your view in vr) (stand up and put your headset on to confirm that your sensor is placed correctly) but it all connection and it never show help?
  • ConstellationConstellation Posts: 211
    Art3mis
    This thread has totally derailed and it's generating a lot of unwanted notifications for posts that have nothing to do with the original topic. @cybereality would you consider freezing this thread to stop the madness? :smile:
    edited October 2016
    Right. People shouldn't use this thread for technical support. They should go to the support forum ( https://forums.oculus.com/community/categories/support ) or support.oculus.com ( https://support.oculus.com/ ). Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.