New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

will it work? (My Intel(R) Core(TM)

So I downloaded the "OculusCompatCheck.exe" and it said that My Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Processor does not meet their recommended specifications... And I just can't imagine that being the case.

Is it possible for anyone to confirm whether or not this is true and if it is true that my i7-3770K can't do the job please specify why and feel free to add any additional information on the subject if you can.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
    You won't be blocked from trying games with your CPU. It's definitely not a bad chip, it's just that you'll have no guarantee from Oculus that every game on the Store will run perfectly. Most should be OK as long as the rest of your computer is up to the task.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • You won't be blocked from trying games with your CPU. It's definitely not a bad chip, it's just that you'll have no guarantee from Oculus that every game on the Store will run perfectly. Most should be OK as long as the rest of your computer is up to the task.
    Awesome thanks, the rest of my computer is definitely up to the task.