New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How I'm spending my weekend...

notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
Wintermute
It's a four day weekend here in the UK.

I still haven't heard anything about my March shipping date.

So, my schedule for the weekend is going to be something like...

Check bank account details.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Ignore girlfriend nagging me that we need to go food shopping NOW.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Drink more coffee.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Check forums/Reddit for more info.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

Tell girlfriend for the eighteenth time that I'll be off my PC in a minute.

Check Rift order page.

Check email.

etc. etc.

It's going to be a long weekend!!!!

Comments

• fullmeltfullmelt Posts: 276
    Nexus 6
    Wow that's dedication, not saying I am not going to do the same.
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.
  • TheOnlyRealConanTheOnlyRealConan Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2016
    Please stop, Notsram. You are making us all look bad......hold on one sec............had to check my email/account/forums. Now, what was I saying.......oh yeah.......just stop already.

(Now I have to go back to bed, I just woke up to check my email/account/forums)
  • K33LK33L Posts: 32
    Brain Burst

I was hoping to be up all night to get "luckey," but no email...

• EmberFoxEmberFox Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    Dat pun tho
    Nexus 6
    They are not sending any E-mail's today its friday something may come.
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.
  • MinituMinitu Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Pile up some girlfriend points now. You'll need them when the REAL thing comes.
    Soon upgrading to Ryzen
  • The longer this thread gets, the stronger the truth.
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    I would answer, but I'm too busy refreshing my email :)
  • Z30N117Z30N117 Posts: 38
    I wish I could stay on the page long enough to read the entire sentence...
  • snappaheadsnappahead Posts: 2,302
    Trinity
    Thanks to guys like you, I don't have to do this myself. I know the moment something happens, the whole community will know about it.
    i7 3820
    16 gigs of Ram
    GTX 780ti
  • wan5wan5 Posts: 90
    Brain Burst
    if people are being notified that shipping will occur between 1-3 weeks in the emails for march orders... didn't realise there was 3 weeks left in march, makes the wait for april even longer.

Must invest in the same calendar oculus use. 
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,783
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    Decided to do a good old PC format...to bring it back to its brand new state...and use my E: drive as a C: drive and vice versa...

My C: was a 256gig SSD and my E: a 480gig SSD....

Been a while since I made a cleanup and it kills time :wink: 
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Wintermute
    maxpare79 said:
    Decided to do a good old PC format...to bring it back to its brand new state...and use my E: drive as a C: drive and vice versa...

My C: was a 256gig SSD and my E: a 480gig SSD....

Been a while since I made a cleanup and it kills time :wink: 
    I've been doing a bit of cleaning on my C: drive too (with email/bank details/order pages open in other windows at the same time, of course). Got my free space up from 10GB to 42 so far. I can do better, I'm sure!
  • GJMOHGJMOH Posts: 40
    I'll be doing the same, as a 28 with a March expected delivery, I'm not sure I'll know any more Monday than today 
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited March 2016
    I have to wait to June but it makes me feel a little more sane every time i see that there exists other people that are just as mad as i am :smiley: 
  • ThreeDeeVisionThreeDeeVision Posts: 2,087
    Wintermute
    If you have a DK2 or other HMD, you should be working on your VR legs.  Don't forget your senses need to be ready too ;)
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
    Wintermute
    If you have a DK2 or other HMD, you should be working on your VR legs.  Don't forget your senses need to be ready too ;)
    A good point :)

All I have is a Cardboard. I've been ok in that for around 20 minutes, even after a couple of beers, so hopefully my VR legs won't be too bad to start with.

I'm probably going to stock up on ginger based food/drink though, just in case!
    Wintermute
    edited March 2016
    After literally seconds of ceaseless research, I have found the perfect ginger based product!

• VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    "Seconds of research",eh? Where did you look? In your cupboard? :p
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
    Wintermute
    I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself!
    Wintermute
    I have found that a slight alcohol buzz helps my VR legs a bit, and I haven't even tried ginger.  2-5 beers or 1-2 double Vodka drinks and my brain loves being in VR.  Anything over that is risking motion sickness though. 
    i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    WHOA! Max! That's beautiful, man!
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,783
    Project 2501
    VizionVR said:
    WHOA! Max! That's beautiful, man!
    Thanks now the next 2-3 months building a stand for it lol....with the 2 kids and VR on the way, these type of projects take a long time to finish...

Man I can't wait to be retired rofl, just 18 more years to go
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
    Wintermute

Hey Max, that is SWEET!  I am a fellow Star Wars junkie.  A few weeks ago I finally got my Saberforge dueling saber.  I don't know if any of you have seen Saberforge sabers, but they are amazing.  I am pretty sure I could actually defend myself with it hahahaha!  I would love to link it but my work blocks photobucket :(

• tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    I have found that a slight alcohol buzz helps my VR legs a bit, and I haven't even tried ginger.  2-5 beers or 1-2 double Vodka drinks and my brain loves being in VR.  Anything over that is risking motion sickness though. 
    Wow, I am the complete opposite. Whenever I had a good buzz going on from drinking the nausea kicked in way faster. I thought alcohol would fix the sickness because you wouldn't be fully aware, but to me it just made it worse. 
    Wintermute

Something about that window is my sweet spot, anything over that and it is pretty much instant nausea.

• EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    WOW! Awesome man! I want it! 

Btw you already bought a bicycle for VR?  :p
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    Nexus 6
    I have been totally trashed on a combo of many things, and the gear vr never bothered me.