cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange OLD OCULUS DK2 TO NEW RIFT?

RoyalFlush888
Honored Guest
Can we pay difference to exchange the Dk2 to new Rift? Cuz I remember Oculus said we could exchange the beta DK2 to retail one when u release the consumer version.

Look Forward to ur reply 

Thx
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Um, no they didn't. It was just a "wish" that a community member wanted to have happen just like what happens with cell phones. The reasons why they even do it is because, like Apple, actually recycles the parts and reuses them in their phones. It cuts down waste, but they double up on the money. Unless Oculus has something like that already ~ it'll be pointless for them to right now.

blanes
Rising Star
Too Funny !  I already did this ... got $590 for my Dk2 last October ... big wait with no VR until June for me !

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
eBay is going to get DK2 flooded very soon. I'm putting mine up as soon as CV1 arrives. I paid $275CAD for it last August. Based on today's prices I think I did ok 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guess you could resell it, but with CV1 and Vive already out ~ I think it'll be a harder sell now. Even if you were to sell it for like less than $200< US. Figure no support from oculus, lower support in sdk/games, older version, hardware is aging by now, shipping, flash flood of them, and etc.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup sold mine a little while back and got what I paid for it 🙂 £315 = sell it while its still quiet !!!

Tony
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

dead4sure
Adventurer
I think that may be some wishful thinking. I'd sell the DK2 as people have advised to get some money back before the value drops.

good luck