New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Palmer live on Facebook now delivering the first Rift...

Comments

• tranceology3tranceology3 Posts: 804
    3Jane
    So I missed the whole reason behind this. Was this a random person that got picked? What is the significance?
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,783
    Project 2501
    1st backer I believe
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    Said in the stream that he was the first pre-order. There's a recording up there now for anyone who missed it live.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    So I was right about what was happening @ 10:30 am tweet  :)
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
    Wintermute
    I particularly enjoyed the part where he opened the box upside down and everything nearly fell out!
    Project 2501
    edited March 2016
    And the " Do you have a computer? ...No" part lol...I don't know, but if I knew that Palmer was coming to see me live I would have had my PC ready for it...
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • ebadevilebadevil Posts: 49
    that was like the most awkward thing I've ever seen...
  • ZachSnyZachSny Posts: 144
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016

In case you all missed it.

EDIT: I know it's on Facebook, just thought it would be easier than tabbing out.
    Project 2501
    Hugh Hefner has his bathrobe on all the time, Palmer chose this...
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,563 Volunteer Moderator
    he's like he opposite of Steve Jobs... wonder who will play him in the eventual movie
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    REALLY!!!??? The first Rift delivered by Palmer personally!!! And the guy stands there like: "Who are you, man? Give me the Rift and f*ck off!"
    What's wrong with him? He couldn't care less. There was no excitement at all. Yet another awkward Palmer moment. I'm sorry for him.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
  • comixcrozcomixcroz Posts: 210
    Art3mis
    I was thinking the same thing.  Show a little enthusiasm.  No computer to try it out! 
  • RorschachPhoenixRorschachPhoenix Posts: 1,594 Valuable Player
    Zoomie said:
    He's probably thinking - man, I hope the guy I sold this to on eBay doesn't mind me opening it.  
    I should have charged more for the autographs on the box.
    I hope you are not right. But it could be the truth.
    Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. :P
    I think it's just a geek thing (and we're all borderline there right?)... I mean Sheldon Cooper would have reacted the same
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.720)
  • notsram said:
    I particularly enjoyed the part where he opened the box upside down and everything nearly fell out!
    One could almost be convinced when Palmer says he should have told, that he did it as a revenge >:) that guy was not very enthusiastic about getting his rift at all :(
    ASUS Maximus VII Formula
    Intel core i7 quad core 4790K OC'ed @ 4.4Ghz
    32GB DDR3 Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    GSync Monitor @ 2560x1440, 144Hz
    DK2 Owner
    CV1 Preordered.
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    edited March 2016
    "I think it's just a geek thing (and we're all borderline there right?)... I mean Sheldon Cooper would have reacted the same"

I disagree, I'm an introvert, I still would have had my computer out and ready, friends over, and smiling, and handed him a beer
    Wintermute
    I had to post this! This is exactly how I would feel if Palmer showed up with a Rift at my house
    I'd have pretended to be out, just to see the look on his face :wink: 

@Dreamwriter, I would too believe me!

some people though could be described less as introverted... and more... well... socially dysfunctional... like on the few occasions when I've sobered up.

What I mean is, I'm sure the guy was excited in his own way!

Wintermute

@Dreamwriter, I would too believe me!

some people though could be described less as introverted... and more... well... socially dysfunctional... like on the few occasions when I've sobered up.

What I mean is, I'm sure the guy was excited in his own way!

I sobered up once. Realised I wasn't actually married to twins and only had two cats instead of four.
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722
    3Jane
    To get a signed rift like that would have me going nuts. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
    Wintermute
    If he actually does Ebay it, I wonder how much it'll cost...

Although of course, if he does, everyone will know because of the signatures and Palmer will probably send the boys round to beat him to death with Touch controllers.
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    REALLY!!!??? The first Rift delivered by Palmer personally!!! And the guy stands there like: "Who are you, man? Give me the Rift and f*ck off!"
    What's wrong with him? He couldn't care less. There was no excitement at all. Yet another awkward Palmer moment. I'm sorry for him.
    Relax, it's not like he stood their with emotionless stare, he looked moderately excited. Imagine if the first preorder had been some angry guy guy who hates people or something, it could had been much worse.
    @nostrum, I'd say a pub outing for the regular forum members would be a fun idea.. even invite the angry brigade for the discussion value (mentioning no names). I'm reminded of the impromptu field trip in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest though.
    Wintermute
    @nostrum, I'd say a pub outing for the regular forum members would be a fun idea.. even invite the angry brigade for the discussion value (mentioning no names). I'm reminded of the impromptu field trip in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest though.
    Ah, I love that film! Was wondering what I was going to watch tonight - you've just helped me make my decision! :)