New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

No pre-orders shipping until Wednesday...

2»

Comments

  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    I'll be delighted if mine ships on Wednesday, seeing as I'm one of the March pre-orders who hasn't had the 1-3 weeks email yet (hoping for it today!).

    I'm not complaining at all about them finally giving some shipping info. What is annoying is that Palmer Luckey said pre-orders had started to ship last week, which was blatantly untrue.

    I'm going to assume that Wednesday is a 'ballpark' date :)

  • jxburrosjxburros Posts: 124
    Art3mis

    I'm happy to have the info!  However, with all that Facebook money, I feel like they should've known about the delay a long time ago.  I would be less mad if they'd told me a few weeks ago.  I mean, they took preorders almost 3 months ago.  Come on.  I highly doubt that they just found out that there would be a delay.

    VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    notsram said:
    I totally agree that Kickstarter backers should get theirs first :)

    Quick heads up. Looks as though Canadians have to pay import fees (KS at least. Pre-orders 'may' have import fees built in to the cost).

    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4c9p3r/get_ready_for_those_import_fees_canadians/  
    The receiver must pay the duties or taxes on the package.  Duties should be included in the shipping like they were with the DK2.  Taxes are inevitable.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • tsilatsila Posts: 2
    I'm grateful to Palmer for starting the age of VR, but so far his company seems a bunch is amateur. 
  • jxburrosjxburros Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    Their logistics manager should be fired.  Honestly, that's pretty much my only gripe about Oculus.
    VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)
  • jaimijaimi Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    My tracking info shows my Rift sitting at UPS waiting to be put on a truck for delivery - Been there since Saturday. Should be here today.
  • jxburrosjxburros Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    Let's hope it actually goes on the truck.  Around here, if it's not on the truck by 5:30am, they forgot it.
    VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)
  • jaimijaimi Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    jxburros said:
    Let's hope it actually goes on the truck.  Around here, if it's not on the truck by 5:30am, they forgot it.
    Yeah, I'm getting worried. Unfortunately its being sent "Signature Required", so I'm going to need to wait for it after lunch. If it doesn't show up, I'll need to do the same thing tomorrow. :(
  • jxburrosjxburros Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    If it ships today and you aren't there, you can call them by (I think) 6pm, and they'll hold it at the distribution center for you.
    VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)
  • przecinekprzecinek Posts: 596
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2016
    Atmos73 said:
    HTC gave away hundreds of units to Developers and Youtubers but the official launch to paying customers remains April 5th.

    The official Rift launch has been pushed back because they haven't started shipping to paying customers.

    Depends really how you define 'launch'. From what I know Devs and Youtubers got Vive-Pre not the "official" Vive.  I think of launch as an "officially available" thing. I'm pretty sure NDA also was set to expire today. We might get first unboxing video if one of the KS backers will be bothered to actually do it. To me it sounds like a launch :)
    If you think of launch in terms of product being delivered to 'paying customers' then that's fine - we will have to agree to disagree :)



  • jxburrosjxburros Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    A product launch is when a product hits the market and is available to consumers.  Whether you consider the KS consumers or not is the real question.  But since nobody can actually buy the product yet, I'd consider the launch delayed, unless the process payments today.
    VRgin - CV1 (March shipment)
  • Doom_MarineDoom_Marine Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I pre-ordered just now and says Expected release date is July 2016. I wish I preordered in january but didnt have the funds. I checked ebay as well but wow people are actually selling these for 1400. If I needed a new pc I could get the asus bundle with oculus rift for 1500. I hope the early adopters get their's soon and enjoy.
  • shim2shim2 Posts: 480
    Nexus 6
    I pre-ordered just now and says Expected release date is July 2016. I wish I preordered in january but didnt have the funds. I checked ebay as well but wow people are actually selling these for 1400. If I needed a new pc I could get the asus bundle with oculus rift for 1500. I hope the early adopters get their's soon and enjoy.
    You should have pre-ordered in Jan, considering they haven't charged anyone who has pre-ordered yet.
  • SkyG22SkyG22 Posts: 6
    edited March 2016
    Pre-ordered day one less then 30 minutes... no confirmation email yet.  Though they can take as long as they want.... First VR headset that sits on my front door is the one I keep. If the Vive beats them here.. you never know. lol. 

    Also gives me time to buy the new Nvidia card........ 
  • StrydeonStrydeon Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I got the 1-3 week email and crossing fingers that I will be wearing it on my 40th bday.  Of course the kick starters need to get theirs first.
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    SkyG22 said:
    Pre-ordered day one less then 30 minutes... no confirmation email yet.  Though they can take as long as they want.... First VR headset that sits on my front door is the one I keep. If the Vive beats them here.. you never know. lol. 

    Also gives me time to buy the new Nvidia card........ 
    I'm leaning that way too. I got my confirmation email inside 15 minutes, so I was expecting to be one of the first batch. However, I've heard nothing more, so looks as though I'm not.

    Speculation, yet again, but if the first batch of Rifts are shipping over the next three weeks, that takes us to roughly April 20th. I'm (hopefully!) in the next batch, meaning I 'may' get mine at the backend of April. My Vive pre-order is scheduled for early May... Now, maybe the second batch of Rifts wil ship quicker than that, or maybe the next batch of emails will go out fairly quicky, but if they don't, there's a high chance my Vive will be charged first. Unless any of the reviews change my find, whichever one I get charged for first is the one that I'll be keeping.
  • SkyG22SkyG22 Posts: 6
    Strydeon said:
    I got the 1-3 week email and crossing fingers that I will be wearing it on my 40th bday.  Of course the kick starters need to get theirs first.

    nice... considering I have a preorder confirmation email at 8:08 am on 1/6 and have heard nothing lol.... when did you all get yours on 1/6... 8:01 to 8:07 am???? Lol
  • StrydeonStrydeon Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    SkyG22 said:
    Strydeon said:
    I got the 1-3 week email and crossing fingers that I will be wearing it on my 40th bday.  Of course the kick starters need to get theirs first.

    nice... considering I have a preorder confirmation email at 8:08 am on 1/6 and have heard nothing lol.... when did you all get yours on 1/6... 8:01 to 8:07 am???? Lol
    I got mine at 8:02 and number 25xxxx
  • KBKKBK Posts: 983
    Art3mis
    What I'm most concerned about at this time, is that if Oculus uses the total in Canadian dollars from the pre-order time (they stated the fee in exact numbers)...the US to Canadian dollar exchange rate has changed enough that when I am finally charged for the rift CV1, I'll be paying them approximately $80 to $100 too much.

    I suspect that they will fix that and I'll be charged the given exchange rate on the very day they actually charge the given credit card..... but that is not clear at this time.

    Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,784
    Project 2501
    KBK said:
    What I'm most concerned about at this time, is that if Oculus uses the total in Canadian dollars from the pre-order time (they stated the fee in exact numbers)...the US to Canadian dollar exchange rate has changed enough that when I am finally charged for the rift CV1, I'll be paying them approximately $80 to $100 too much.

    I suspect that they will fix that and I'll be charged the given exchange rate on the very day they actually charge the given credit card..... but that is not clear at this time.

    No they won't...If it would have gone the other way you would have still paid the same price, it sucks but the price was what it is...Same thing applies to the VIVE I checked today...the CAD is now worth 0.77USD and it was worth 0.72 when the VIVE started pre-orders and it still the same price in CAD...Price of a consumer product won't fluctuate with the exchange rate, the only way this could happened is if the price would have stayed in USD and not CAD...
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 [email protected], 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
Sign In or Register to comment.