New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Home Apps Tested with DK2

ByToriousByTorious Posts: 93
Hiro Protagonist
edited April 2016 in Games and Apps
As DK2 users test out Oculus Home apps for compatibility please post results here so other DK2 users know what works and what apps may not work with DK2.

Thanks

Edit:

Reported to work with DK2;
  • Oculus Dreamdeck
  • The Body VR
  • Colosse
  • Henry
  • Lucky's Tale
  • Farland
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Chronos
  • ADR1FT
  • EVE: Valkyrie 
  • Dreadhalls
  • Gunjack
  • Airmech
  • Blazerush
  • Jaunt
  • Subnautica
  • Lost
  • Invasion
  • Technolust 
Reported to NOT work with DK2;
  • None reported thus far..  :)

Note: XBox Controller is required. There are reports of some XBox emulating controllers working.
Neo Technologist - XR Developer - Rift/Rift S/Quest
Unity 3D - 3DS Max - Adobe Cloud - iClone
MSI GT72VR 6RE Dominator Pro

Comments

• Ryder35Ryder35 Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Not sure you are going to get much response....

"DK2 is not supported on the occulus platform including games and apps in the occulus store"

:)

• ByToriousByTorious Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    Not supported does not mean it doesn't work. Word has it that it does work but not officially supported so if an app does not work properly it's not their problem.
  • PatrikWagnerPatrikWagner Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Henry and Dreamdeck both worked well for me on the DK2. I gotta say Henry was fantastic - really enjoyed it. Forced my girlfriend to try it too and she was even more enthused than me :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited March 2016
    The software is live now, so just download and see for yourself.
    https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    The software is live now, so just download and see for yourself.
    https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
    Working on it!!!  :)
  • LuscaLusca Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    Tried it out and it does not work, at least for my laptop and DK2. It would not detect the hdmi or sensor. Oculus 0.8 runtime worked in direct mode on my laptop so I guess this is Oculus bringing the hammer down for laptops in 1.3? I have an Alienware 17R3 980M(8GB) and a very fast CPU. All the USB ports are 3.0 on my laptop, so its not a 3.0 thing. For 0.8, I was plugging the tracker into my headset. I also have the Alienware amplifier which I'll test out at some point. Gonna cross my fingers for that situation. For now though, unless I can get 1.3 working, I'll revert to 0.8.
  • godwispergodwisper Posts: 203
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2016
    uhm works fine on my alienware 15R2 and 970m. Will get my amplifier next Wednesday and hopefully a gtx 980

make sure you have the NVidia card selected in the NVidia control panel
  • AtrushanAtrushan Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    The Oculus Home software works fine, and also tried "Colosse" in my DK2 and it worked great.

Looking forward to trying some others later today.
  • jusbottjusbott Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    godwisper said:
    uhm works fine on my alienware 15R2 and 970m. Will get my amplifier next Wednesday and hopefully a gtx 980

tried that and still shows has carnt find card
  • StockportJamboStockportJambo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    On my PC (non-laptop, running 1.3 and DK2 on an AMD 7870) the sensor works, the headset doesn't (but it does track through the headset which is weird... I can wave it about and see the tracking in the preview window). Bit stumped, really... :-/
    Nexus 6
    jusbott said:
    godwisper said:

tried that and still shows has carnt find card

I am using the latest drivers of today. Try connecting everything and reboot your alienware with all connected.
  • Ryder35Ryder35 Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can't get Lucky's tale to work. Sits on opening intro screen asking me to press A but is not recognised (this is with a wired xb1 controller)
  • LuscaLusca Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    godwisper said:

Yup, my bad. Thanks. It detects it after a reboot. I also added oculusvr.exe to the high performance Nvidia in the control panel, but that shouldn't make a diff because the global is set to high performance Nvidia GPU.
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    I've been using Oculus home for the past half hour or so.  Looks like it works fine.
    I think the warning is that DK2 no longer has official support - that's all.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • nightauditor1981nightauditor1981 Posts: 302
    Nexus 6
    Sounds great! Anyone tried Project Cars yet with the DK2?
  • jusbottjusbott Posts: 108
    Art3mis
    Lusca said:
    godwisper said:

Yup, my bad. Thanks. It detects it after a reboot. I also added oculusvr.exe to the high performance Nvidia in the control panel, but that shouldn't make a diff because the global is set to high performance Nvidia GPU.

Have done all that and still shows carnt connect to card
  • NosherNosher Posts: 167
    Hiro Protagonist
    Now stuck in the Rift setup loop - and cannot get out of it........

You cannot set up your DK2 without an XBox controller and by pressing 'A'; I do not have one and skipped that part of the set up and now I cannot do anything with my Rift.

Have I missed something here?

Anyone done it without a XBox controller?

Cheers
    Nosh
  • NosherNosher Posts: 167
    Hiro Protagonist
    Zoomie said:
    I've been using Oculus home for the past half hour or so.  Looks like it works fine.
    Do you have a XBox Controller?

I am stuck in the setup as I don't have one!

Nosh
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    Zoomie said:
    Thanks Zoomie! You've renewed my hope! What have you played/downloaded? We should start a list of compatible games. I don't think everything in Oculus Home is retro compatible with DK2.
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oculus Dreamdeck seems to work just fine!!
    An Xbox Controller or Oculus Remote is required to use Oculus Home.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    The Body VR is working well with DK2..
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    edited March 2016
    Like @cybereality said, you need an XBox controller or the remote.  I happen to have an XBox controller already.

Btw, Lucky's Tale installed fine but I'm having trouble with Henry and Oculus Dreamdeck.  They reach the full download then fail to install.  Any suggestions cyber?
    EDIT: Worked after a few tries.  I had more success using the desktop app than doing it from within Home.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
    Hiro Protagonist
    Zoomie said:
    Like @cybereality said, you need an XBox controller or the remote.  I happen to have an XBox controller already.

Btw, Lucky's Tale installed fine but I'm having trouble with Henry and Oculus Dreamdeck.  They reach the full download then fail to install.  Any suggestions cyber?
    I know in Dreamdeck I had to take the headset off and go into the library on the PC to install further content.
  • STRICK9STRICK9 Posts: 151
    Art3mis
    I just plugged in my PS3 controller and it works fine. Now if I can only figure out how to link my Elite Dangerous account to oculus home.
  • charlton_3393charlton_3393 Posts: 272
    Nexus 6
    For the last 2 hours I've tried:
    • Lucky's Tale
    • Henry
    • Oculus Dreamdeck
    • Colosse
    • The Body VR
    They all work really well surprisingly on my DK2 and my old 7950, that ATW must really help, My favorite so far is Lucky's Tale OMG it is so beautifully made! Oculus Home works very well to, loving the layout!

I can play Lucky's Tale on high settings with no visible frame drop, GPU works at about 70% and doesn't get too warm :) other Apps though the GPU does start to push it obviously ;)
    Specs:
    - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS
    - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard
    - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor
    - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU
    - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM
    Nexus 6
    am eager to press the buy button for chronos :D
    Hiro Protagonist
    For the last 2 hours I've tried:
    • Lucky's Tale
    • Henry
    • Oculus Dreamdeck
    • Colosse
    • The Body VR
    They all work really well surprisingly on my DK2 and my old 7950, that ATW must really help, My favorite so far is Lucky's Tale OMG it is so beautifully made! Oculus Home works very well to, loving the layout!

I can play Lucky's Tale on high settings with no visible frame drop, GPU works at about 70% and doesn't get too warm :) other Apps though the GPU does start to push it obviously ;)
    Thanks for the input. Keeping the Original Post updated as apps are reported.
  • SteffenSteffen Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    I installed the new software and have downloaded some of the apps that shuld work with dk2 but all I get is orange light from the diode that needs to be blue and I can not se the store in my dk2. Using Windows 7, anyone else have this issue?
    Zoomie said:
    Are you installing in VR? Because those are Unreal games and you need to accept a firewall warning to run. Try downloading/installing on the desktop app first and see if that works.