cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Apps Tested with DK2

Anonymous
Not applicable
As DK2 users test out Oculus Home apps for compatibility please post results here so other DK2 users know what works and what apps may not work with DK2.

Thanks

Edit:

Reported to work with DK2;
  • Oculus Dreamdeck
  • The Body VR
  • Colosse
  • Henry
  • Lucky's Tale
  • Farland
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Chronos
  • ADR1FT
  • EVE: Valkyrie 
  • Dreadhalls
  • Gunjack
  • Airmech
  • Blazerush
  • Jaunt
  • Subnautica
  • Lost
  • Invasion
  • Technolust 
Reported to NOT work with DK2;
  • None reported thus far..  🙂

Note: XBox Controller is required. There are reports of some XBox emulating controllers working.
102 REPLIES 102

Ryder35
Protege
Not sure you are going to get much response....

"DK2 is not supported on the occulus platform including games and apps in the occulus store"

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not supported does not mean it doesn't work. Word has it that it does work but not officially supported so if an app does not work properly it's not their problem.

PatrikWagner
Explorer
Henry and Dreamdeck both worked well for me on the DK2. I gotta say Henry was fantastic - really enjoyed it. Forced my girlfriend to try it too and she was even more enthused than me 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
The software is live now, so just download and see for yourself.
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

The software is live now, so just download and see for yourself.
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

Working on it!!!  🙂

Lusca
Expert Protege
Tried it out and it does not work, at least for my laptop and DK2. It would not detect the hdmi or sensor. Oculus 0.8 runtime worked in direct mode on my laptop so I guess this is Oculus bringing the hammer down for laptops in 1.3? I have an Alienware 17R3 980M(8GB) and a very fast CPU. All the USB ports are 3.0 on my laptop, so its not a 3.0 thing. For 0.8, I was plugging the tracker into my headset. I also have the Alienware amplifier which I'll test out at some point. Gonna cross my fingers for that situation. For now though, unless I can get 1.3 working, I'll revert to 0.8.

godwisper
Expert Protege
uhm works fine on my alienware 15R2 and 970m. Will get my amplifier next Wednesday and hopefully a gtx 980

make sure you have the NVidia card selected in the NVidia control panel

Atrushan
Explorer
The Oculus Home software works fine, and also tried "Colosse" in my DK2 and it worked great.

Looking forward to trying some others later today.

jusbott
Expert Protege

godwisper said:

uhm works fine on my alienware 15R2 and 970m. Will get my amplifier next Wednesday and hopefully a gtx 980

make sure you have the NVidia card selected in the NVidia control panel

tried that and still shows has carnt find card