cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3 on the DK2, experiences.

wundram
Protege
I just installed the 1.3 runtime for use with my DK2 and wired razer (xbox 360) controller.   It all worked great.  You can only get so far in the hardware setup process, but if you click the "skip" button it works great.   Although there was no chance to input settings for the camera height, or the IPD.  So I assume the defaults are working good enough.

The store/library software works great, and is huge improvement over other systems for VR and launching software.   The controller integration works fine with a non xbox one controller.    But you do need some kind of controller.  You have to press the A button to move past the warning screen when launching apps.

I tried some of the concepts, and the Jaunt app.  All work fine.  The Jaunt app feels like watching a movie on an OmniMax at the museum.  

I noticed an interesting scale issue.  When watching the "house party" VR video, all of the people appeared to be super short and small.   But if I stood up (I was sitting), all the sudden they were the right size.   If I watched them while standing, it looked like they were growing before my eyes.   It seems that your apparent eye height relative to others, and your current configuration (sitting, standing, etc..) have a lot to do with how you determine scale, especially of other people.

Anyway, even with the DK2, this software makes it a whole new experience.  I can't wait to try the Vive and CV1 when they arrive.  :smile: 

84 REPLIES 84

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
OMG! I just played Lucky's tale with my DK2 and it's pretty amazing! I've only done 3 or 4 levels but the game feels incredibly polished and fun to play! Can't wait to try it out with the real deal (CV1) !!!
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
Anyone try Elite Dangerous yet? I'm stuck at work waiting to go home and try it....

Gabdim
Explorer
but how to Play my Vr steam Games now with my DK2? it says ; Unknow source...

Synthetic
Rising Star
well the software made win 10 start bar bug happen

and you have to have your DK2 on while you are in the store? no way of turning the DK2 screen off?

cybereality
Grand Champion

Synthetic said:

and you have to have your DK2 on while you are in the store? no way of turning the DK2 screen off?

The consumer Rift has a proximity sensor so it turns off when you remove the headset. DK2 unfortunately doesn't have this feature. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone try Elite Dangerous yet? I'm stuck at work waiting to go home and try it....

Just gave it a quick try and working great. Joysticks still work ok, so no need to get a xbox controller, at least for this. Time to re-install voice attack me thinks. Just now waiting for a update from DCS World and i'll be happy.

LKostyra
Protege
I wanted to make the same thread, but to avoid mess on the Forums, here we go.

Oculus Home:

Whoa. This was my first opinion. Very, very nice piece of software. And a really great starting point for other applications.

Everything works out of the box. I do not have my CV1 yet, so all here is tested on my DK2, but this is really a consumer-level software. Great job, Oculus Team.

Lucky's Tale:

Naturally, the first thing I wanted to try is the bundled Lucky's Tale. And, to my surprise, it worked flawlessly on DK2!

Seriously - no lag, no judder, constant 75FPS all the way on my GTX 760. I can safely withhold buying a new GPU until my CV1 arrives, which is an amazing news for me. Of course, these games and experiences won't be the same, as they all assume I have CV1, but for the time being, this will do.

Overall:

I am in awe. Really great job. If the hardware is half as good as they say, I can rest assured, that buying a Rift instead of Vive is a good choice for me! Solid 10/10.

Now, where is my CV1 pre-order? :neutral: 
DK1: Received DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received CV1: (Jan 6) Pending Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM

Lusca
Expert Protege

kuabi said:

Just gave it a quick try and working great. Joysticks still work ok, so no need to get a xbox controller, at least for this. Time to re-install voice attack me thinks. Just now waiting for a update from DCS World and i'll be happy.

You notice any difference in frame rate or judder or such things? What graphics setting in Elite did you use? I'm using VR High. Haven't noticed much diff since switching over to the official ED luancher from Steam (ie. no SteamVR).

Synthetic
Rising Star
anyone got SteamVR working :cold_sweat: 
hahahha... new update and my whole system breaks