Lucky's Tale on DK2 ; ) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lucky's Tale on DK2 ; )

MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
Trinity
I'm playing Lucky's Tale! It's WAAAY cool!  The Rift (CV) software says
it doesn't support DK2, but the UI (which is quite nice) and store runs
on it.  it looks like they're letting us play L's T at least.  Not sure
what else will work yet. Hoping existing things still work with it... 
You can also see what else is in the store.

Comments

• Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    I got it working too but not with my Afterglow 360 joypad. So all I can do is sit and look around lol.
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
  • StaticMStaticM Posts: 4
    Yup, I got it working on my DK2 and it really is fun and looks great. 3rd person platformers work well in VR 
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
    Trinity
    Atmos73 said:
    I got it working too but not with my Afterglow 360 joypad. So all I can do is sit and look around lol.
     It works with the Xbox 360 game pad. :smile: 
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    So what you're saying is Oculus don't support third party gamepads? All the demo's I've played so far for the DK2 worked fine with the Afterglow.
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
  • Kalec84Kalec84 Posts: 568
    Trinity
    i'ìm downloading it right now :D
  • scottmc87scottmc87 Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    This game is just INCREDIBLE.
    Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz.

DK2 (Owned)
    CV1 (Pre-Ordered)
    Vive (Pre-Ordered)
  • STRICK9STRICK9 Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    Atmos73 said:
    So what you're saying is Oculus don't support third party gamepads? All the demo's I've played so far for the DK2 worked fine with the Afterglow.

I feel lucky. All I did was plug in an old PS3 controller and it worked fine.
  • FiveFingerStudiosFiveFingerStudios Posts: 61 Oculus Start Member
    Did you have to upgrade to sdk 1.3?

i don't want to upgrade until I get my cv1
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
    Trinity
    edited March 2016
    sbmhome said:

See post below by @charlton_3393 ;
  • KNP54KNP54 Posts: 258
    Nexus 6
    Atmos73 said:
    Something's wrong on your side, because I also have a DK2 + Afterglow 360 and it works flawlessly.. Maybe try the controller in a usb2.0 port?
    Specs: Delidded i7-8086k @ 5.0 GHz all cores, NZXT X52 cooler, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz, ASRock Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, Corsair SF600 platinum, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB + 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB, Louqe Ghost S1, Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 1680x1050 @ 60Hz. Oculus Rift CV1.
  • charlton_3393charlton_3393 Posts: 272
    Nexus 6
    Maxxgold said:
    sbmhome said:

You don't have to mess with the SDK.
    Actually technically you do, once you have installed the Oculus home software you will find that all your 0.8 sdk and below Apps will no longer work, that's the downside of upgrading
    Specs:
    - Windows 10 Pro x64 OS
    - ASRock H87 Performance Motherboard
    - Intel Core I7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell Processor
    - Reference Radeon RX 480 GPU
    - 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,235 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2016
    I just tried the game out (with dk2).
    First off: very cool. Actually works better than I thought it would.
    The camera control was a little annoying when I moved back to previous areas, but fine when progressing. The side on parts felt good too, I wouldn't mind a whole game with just that view.
    No problems with motion.

Something that really annoys me though, this is yet another game that handles input devices badly. It's at least in good company, Rayman Legends / Origins and the Dark Souls series do it too.
    The problem is that the game wants to work on an xbox controller. But it grabs the first device it finds in direct input. It doesn't get the preferred device you set in the windows game device config, it doesn't try to grab an xbox controller directly with xinput, it grabs anything it can find and tries to use it.

So when I started Lucky's Tale, I could use the A button to start, but once on the book/level select bit I couldn't advance (actually start playing). Turns out the game was trying to use my Saitek rudder pedals as an xbox controller. I had to unplug my rudder pedals, warthog throttle, warthog joystick and 3d connexion controller before the game would find the xbox one controller.

After that it ran fine. But now that I've stopped playing, I need to reconnect all these usb devices.

Come on developers, stop assuming everybody only owns one usb input device! VR fans in particular probably have things like steering wheels and joysticks connected.

• pjennesspjenness Posts: 674
    Neo
    Ive been playing on a PS3 controller with "DS3 tool, and Better DS3" mimicing a xbox controller. Works perfect!

Fun game too!
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    edited April 2016
    I agree, Luckey's Tale IS great. I wrote a short praising review a few days ago about it.
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,778
    Project 2501
    edited April 2016
    Deleted
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • Arock387Arock387 Posts: 724
    Trinity
    Game was great with the Dk2 and a dualshock 4 using DS4tools
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited April 2016
    Omg your twin brother is here @VizionVR :p
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    edited April 2016
    Great review, Maxxgold!
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    edited April 2016
    Removed at request of OP.  
    Not a bad post, just didn't relate to his original topic :)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
  • Dodger77Dodger77 Posts: 16
    Yeah, it's great to see that I could download it for free and play it with my DK2. Never thought it would work out or that I could get it for free. I'm really greatful for this...! I like the game, after all this years a great jump 'n run, just like Mario64!
  • DK2 got 10% to enter Lucky's Tale, and 90% to hang in black.
  • I am trying to play Lucky's Tale - but the USB error for the sensor is blocking it. Is there a workaround?
  • SaturnEyeSaturnEye Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    i have a mac and DK2. I want to play Lucky's Tale. Anyone have any tips or instructions to get me up and running?
    Thanks,