cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Windows Update KB3033929

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
Did anyone else have trouble installing the new Oculus software because of the requirement for Windows Update KB3033929?  That update was known to be problematic (about a year ago), and would fail to install for many users.  A common work-around was to suppress that update to stop Windows from constantly rebooting (each time it failed to install).  I used that work-around myself, but now it seems I will have to get the update to work if I want to do anything with the Rift in the future.  I've been trying all day and haven't managed to get it installed yet!  It's very frustrating!

One known conflict for that update is a dual-boot system, but I'm not dual-booting.
3 REPLIES 3

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
What exactly is your problem with installing KB3033929?

SeeDee
Honored Guest
I had this same issue with both the KB's reporting they were not installed (had same issue with .8SDK). Finally just gave up and updated to win 10 so I could try CV1. Curious if there is a work around. *Edit* Both KB's show installed when searching in windows updates and also when running them, they state already installed.

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
I was finally able to install KB3033929 after many hours of research to figure out what was wrong and many hours of research learning how to fix it.

The problem was, my EFI Partition was much smaller than it should have been.  I moved all of my partitions over to make room for a larger EFI Partition and extended it (I had to delete my MSR and create a new one as part of that process).

I was able to install the new Oculus Software after that, and I'm finally "Home" in my DK2!