cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you guys tried Gear VR at public places such as coffee shop, park, subway, etc?

palakz
Honored Guest
If you have tried your Gear VR or any other VR Headset at public places, please share your experience.

What problems did you face while playing VR Games? How was your 360° Video or VR Movie Experience?

If possible, also suggest ideas to improve the VR experience at public places.
17 REPLIES 17

Merlin5
Explorer
I guess it depends where you are but in general, I personally wouldn't. I'd be worried about having my S6 pinched. Because let's face it, while we're oblivious of the outside world, thieves can easily sneak up and unclip the phone. Gear VR phone theft could turn out to be a new wave of petty crime.

palakz
Honored Guest
Forget Phone or Gear VR. They could easily grab your bags, wallets, etc and run away while using it in public.

racrac1973X
Explorer
Why on earth would you want to use the Gear in public ?

dead4sure
Adventurer
I very nearly used one on a train to watch Netflix but I didn't want to drain my phone battery so I bailed. I was nervous that I'd look stupid but I'm sure we'll get used to it eventually. HMD's could be the next headphones... :wink: 

xBoggart
Protege
Not the best thing while you're on a treadmill or elliptical either :expressionless: 
The continuous head shakes actually makes it re-calibrate very frequently! 
Just wanted to try for a change!

yyxyx263
Honored Guest
en......
I just try to show it to some of my friends in a restrurant, at first they think it looks nerd (sigh), but once they have a try, it will be fun to most of the people.

No, i wouldn't use it in public unless it was an organised event - of which there are many.

http://www.meetup.com/
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

obzen
Expert Protege
Virtual Public Lavatory. That would be fun game.
DK1 FREAK...

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
I saw a guy on the train that was using it, everyone around him were taking pictures for mocking him on facebook and laughing.