cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you buying games on Oculus Home?

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
I ask because while I am very happy that I can access Oculus Home and play Lucky's Tale (my absolute favorite VR game!) on my DK2, and watch some cool VR demo, but the games are... quite expensive! There are a bunch of games I would like to buy even if I don't have my CV1 yet, some of them I played at an Oculus event last year, but I wonder if there's gonna be some Oculus Home Sales like Steam does, where we can pick up games at lower cost. Also, it would be nice to have playable demos of those games, I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that. So, are you guys buying right now, or like me you are just trying the freebies? 
46 REPLIES 46

scottmc87
Explorer
I bought EVE, Chronos and ADR1FT. I have RIFT pre-ordered but I didn't wanna wait for EVE. The cheap stuff is mostly GearVR ports that I already own on my gear.
Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz. DK2 (Owned) CV1 (Pre-Ordered) Vive (Pre-Ordered)

sambeckett
Protege

scottmc87 said:

I bought EVE, Chronos and ADR1FT. I have RIFT pre-ordered but I didn't wanna wait for EVE. The cheap stuff is mostly GearVR ports that I already own on my gear.

Which games can you buy once and work on both platforms?

I have a gear VR and purchased a few games, but none of them show up when I visit my windows Oculus Home store.

scottmc87
Explorer

scottmc87 said:

Which games can you buy once and work on both platforms?

I have a gear VR and purchased a few games, but none of them show up when I visit my windows Oculus Home store.

I don't think it works like that. These are new ports that are being sold as separate entities.
Rig: Windows 10 | EVGA GTX 980ti Classified.| i5 6600k | 16gigs DDR4 3000mhz. DK2 (Owned) CV1 (Pre-Ordered) Vive (Pre-Ordered)

sweetjustice1
Explorer
I must of bought half the games last night.  Ended up playing only Dreadhalls the whole night.  I played the original in my DK2 but the updated version is so much better!  Was very *unpleasantly* surprised 😉

comixcroz
Expert Protege
For gamers that have decided to purchase the VIVE & the Rift, it seems like the best course of action is to purchase any cross platform games from Steam right?  It seems like you can convert the Steam games to Home or launch them from Steam directly to the Rift.  But on the reverse, it seems like if you buy the game from Home you can't play the game on VIVE.  Is this correct as far as everyone knows?  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bought Dreadhalls as soon as Home was installed. Also picked up Pinball FX and would have bought EVE if it weren't included with my pending pre-order! A couple games like Subnautica and P-Cars I already own on Steam.

I didn't stop buying games after that because they cost too much, but because every time I buy a game I'm incredibly likely to add some more since "my wallet is open". It's dangerous!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've downloaded the Oculus software, but won't be buying any games for a while. Depending on what comes out of Oculus tomorrow, I could well be cancelling my Rift, so no point in buying games that I won't be able to use.

galopin
Heroic Explorer
I am very unlickely to buy games on the oculus store, i hate that spread of store like a cancer, if a game is on steam then ok, if not, then i will find another game on steam or i may go to the dark side of gaming…

maxpare79
Trustee

galopin said:

I am very unlickely to buy games on the oculus store, i hate that spread of store like a cancer, if a game is on steam then ok, if not, then i will find another game on steam or i may go to the dark side of gaming…

yeah, wow ,by dark side I am pretty sure you mean illegal copies, really smart way of thinking there champ...with people like you I am sure that PC gaming will continue to thrive for years to come, especially the VR market where developers will be so few...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner