New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Order Status Updates?

Comments

• MVIVIDMVIVID Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    SethG911 said:
    My Stats

Checkout: On My Account
    1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM
    Pre-order confirmed: 20-30 seconds after store went up.
    Order #: 613000023xxxxx

Still no additional info on shipping other than the 1-3 week email.
    So this is sort of interesting. 20-30 seconds you got confirmation, so it's safe to assume your certainly among the first that will (or at least should) get theirs shipped out. Your Order # is 23, min is 25, I ordered within the first 6 min, but I too got my 1-3 week email on March 24 at exactly 9:00 PM (EST). I have a feeling that the very first pre-order until at least the "6 minute" in pre-orders will ship out together. I'd like to see if anyone else past 6 min also got their 1-3 week emails on March 24. We could probably estimate where the cut-off is for all "First Batch" shipments (measured by the amount of min it took for you to get your pre-order in). 
  • TheRealDaneCTheRealDaneC Posts: 5
    edited March 2016

• Nacho_OdinsonNacho_Odinson Posts: 36
    NerveGear
    I think that, since the non-US kickstarters have not received any information yet, is logical to asume that your country is more relevant than the number of your order. 
  • mrcthulhu82mrcthulhu82 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Im in tgeMVIVID said:
    SethG911 said:
    My Stats

So this is sort of interesting. 20-30 seconds you got confirmation, so it's safe to assume your certainly among the first that will (or at least should) get theirs shipped out. Your Order # is 23, min is 25, I ordered within the first 6 min, but I too got my 1-3 week email on March 24 at exactly 9:00 PM (EST). I have a feeling that the very first pre-order until at least the "6 minute" in pre-orders will ship out together. I'd like to see if anyone else past 6 min also got their 1-3 week emails on March 24. We could probably estimate where the cut-off is for all "First Batch" shipments (measured by the amount of min it took for you to get your pre-order in). 
    Uk. Order Number 26, 16min once pre-orders opened. 1-3 week email received on the 24th March.
  • ZeelooZeeloo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm a 6130000023XXXXX.  Got e-mail last week, nothing since.  I do not understand why Oculus chooses to stay quiet, especially knowing the frustration surrounding this launch.  I do not mind waiting, but the lack of communication, as well as the constant overpromise/underdeliver rhetoric thus far has made me question whether I should wait for the HTC/Steam unit.  If I don't hear by the end of the week, I will probably jump ship.
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    MVIVID said:
    1-3 Week Email arrived: Not yet
    Pre-order confirmed: not a clue
    Order #: 613000024XXXXX

estimated April after several attempts. 

Just so you know, we're getting the "Pre-order confirmed" times from the time we placed the pre-order. Once you pre-ordered, you got an email from Oculus saying basically.. "Thanks for your Order, here's your details, etc.." We're looking at the time-stamp of that email. Mine was emailed to me at 11:07 (EST), so 7 min in, or 7 min after Oculus began taking pre-orders. Find that email, and check the exact time you received it. That's your Pre-order confirmation time. It's the most accurate estimate we have.
    I was one of those that didn't originally get the confirmation e-mail. But got the "Some customers didn't receive their original pre-order confirmations so we are resending them." E-mail. So time stamp means nothing.

It felt like for ever hammering the F5 key, but was probably only a few minutes in, much like yahknow1 above. 
    Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • infamouzinfamouz Posts: 133
    Art3mis
    today is the day people, lets hope they ship out finally
  • mrcthulhu82mrcthulhu82 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I have a good feeling its gonna be today!..Gulp!

• WestaneWestane Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:55 PM PST
    Pre-order confirmed: 9:06 AM PST
    Brain Burst
    Im in tgeMVIVID said:
    SethG911 said:
    My Stats

Uk. Order Number 26, 16min once pre-orders opened. 1-3 week email received on the 24th March.
    I hate to say this, and I really hope I'm wrong because I know how much it sucks to wait, but I have a feeling US pre-orders and everywhere else will have different shipping results. I'm mainly focused on US shipments, but please stay in touch, and update us if you do receive some sort of an update! I'd love to see shipments update for people regardless of where they're ordering from! We can start monitor for each location, and can see how shipment batches are being split up! Personally I'm concentrating on US, only because I think they'll be first to go.
    Brain Burst
    So far from the few details I've seen from those who've posted their details, Order #'s 23XXXXX — 25XXXXX are part of the same "First to Ship" batch. Again, I'm making very rough estimations, but they seem to check out.
  • yahknow1yahknow1 Posts: 83
    I'm getting pi$$ed, this is BS Oculus! went to put my order in for the VIVE, but that's got an unknown shipping date too. At least I have a plan B in place in case there is some weird problem with Oculus? Fuckers, Rift should have been halfway to my house by now and not one word!!!!!!!!!!!
    [email protected] / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X
  • TankshellTankshell Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2016
    EliteSPA said:
    Kickstartes got rift for 0 $, ships earlier and got info about shipping and they reselling on ebay, I thought is ilegal. I know that thanks to them we have CV1 today, but thanks to customers this product is going to stay alive, dont forget that, we dont get nothing for free, we buy a product and we deserve a good service!!.We customers payed a lot of money for this toy, no information, delayed shipments, what is this Oculus? and yes Im starting to get mad too, cause we trusted you Mr Palmer putting our money on your product and this is what we get?
    There are a LOT of Kickstarters in the US who have not had their Rifts shipped yet. ZERO Kickstarters in Europe/Australia/Rest of world have had their Rifts shipped yet either. Please do not tar everyone with the same brush.
    [email protected]
    EVGA 780Ti SC
    8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
    Win 8.1 x64
    Brain Burst
    Yeah, I do feel bad for the backers that haven't gotten one. That would piss me off even more than my current situation. Think about it, a bunch of other backers got one on Monday, and it's now Wednesday and still nothing, and who knows when they will. Sort of unfair there too. At least all pre-orders have been treated equally (bad), but still equality—backers, totally all over the place. Again though, not our problem, Oculus told us when to expect it, not the other way around. We didn't set any dates, we just agreed to their schedule, and now we're not getting anything, devices or answers. 
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016
    It's still Wednesday - around noon in the states.
    Lets give em a few more hours and the benefit of the doubt - maybe they will ship them out today or at least pass some useful new information around.

But just in case: Sharpen the pitchforks and get some torches ready >:)
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
    Brain Burst
    Lets give em a few more hours and the benefit of the doubt - maybe they will ship them out today.

I agree. They said mid-week, technically that's in 4.5 hours. After then, we riot.
  • GanjaroachGanjaroach Posts: 449
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm In the #24 range got the 1-3 week email but nothing else as of yet. I own the dk1/2 and the same thing happened then oculus got real quiet around launch time. My dk2 ended up at my house before I even received the "shipped email" so maybe check credit cards throughout the day along with emails. :smile: 

• GenetixStudioGenetixStudio Posts: 770
    3Jane
    Really hoping that Oculus will give some kind of official announcement on the status of pre-orders very soon. Just want to know that things are on track still... Please give us an update, even if it is to let us know that things have been slightly delayed.
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute

How many of us are now wondering what the Oculus aftercare service will be like? I don't want to think how long it would take to resolve a faulty unit issue. 

This is something that I've been wondering about too.

If they treat us this badly when they're (presumably) after our money, what's the treatment going to be like once we've paid up and there's no further financial gain in it for them? Hardly fills me with confidence about getting any potential faults that may occur sorted out...
  • yahknow1yahknow1 Posts: 83
    MVIVID said:
    Lets give em a few more hours and the benefit of the doubt - maybe they will ship them out today.

I agree. They said mid-week, technically that's in 4.5 hours. After then, we riot.
    They also "SAID" shipping would begin March 28th. I'm starting to think they're totally incompetent? Memories of my DK1 are coming back 
    [email protected] / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X
  • LorsothLorsoth Posts: 29
    "How many of us are now wondering what the Oculus aftercare service will be like?"

Exactly. Between this and the incredibly poorly communicated price surprise on pre-order day, they're really damaging their image with their would-be customers. They've done such remarkable work and generated so much excitement and dedication that it's really disappointing and confusing to watch them screw up on such an easy point. Just say something. Anything. The weird complete silence and contradictory updates are making a lot of people angry and anxious. A little guidance and a little news (even if it's bad news) could go a long way. 
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722 Poster of the Week
    I'll say that it's 7:47 right now in California. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
  • TinindilTinindil Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2016
    Checkout: Guest
    1-3 Week Email arrived: Not yet
    Pre-order confirmed: 12min
    Order #: 6130000279XXXX

last of the 27 batch - i should not of hesitated in hindsight

I personally dont feel kickstarter backers have any justification to be pissed off about not receiving their order.

Dont get me wrong, without them this project wouldn't of got off the ground so well, however they did not back to get a CV1, it was a gift, a gesture of good will from Oculus to say thank you.

However, paying customers who are not receiving information about a product they are paying for do. - just my thoughts

I on the otherhand am just excited and really anxious to jump into the rift!! - cant wait guys
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    yahknow1 said:
    MVIVID said:
    They also "SAID" shipping would begin March 28th. I'm starting to think they're totally incompetent? Memories of my DK1 are coming back 
    And it started not only shipping on the 28th, but arriving on the 28th, so they were even better than their promises.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,307 Volunteer Moderator
    After all this going on I think it's shocking and I really don't care if the rift or the vive is better now !!! HTC can have my hard earned money because oculus has run the launch terribly IMO so on that note, cheerio order cancelled.

Tony
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Posts: 1,101
    3Jane
    edited March 2016
    Lorsoth said:
    Just say something. Anything. The weird complete silence and contradictory updates are making a lot of people angry and anxious. A little guidance and a little news (even if it's bad news) could go a long way. 
    Eh? What complete silence? They have been updating us. 

• EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    "Shipping update: Kickstarter Rifts will start arriving Mon"

Ask to the European kickstarters about that....just a big lie.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz