New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Order Status Updates?

Comments

• Hanover said:
    I'm trying to cancel now. I'll get the VIVE, this is utterly ridiculous. Do anyone know how to cancel??
    So then you end up waiting until May...while you see the Rift group you were supposed to be in receiving their head sets.
    I'm not asking for anyone to agree   I'm asking for HELP navigating this mess of a site so I can cancel my pre order. I'd rather wait for a VIVE then do business with a company that doesn't appreciate my business.  
  • notsramnotsram Posts: 1,238
    Wintermute
    LexusRuir said:
    Well im not happy with the current updates but at the same time don't want to cancel, order the Vive and wait until May at the earliest. I don't currently have the space for room VR and am looking for a seated experience knowing that the Touch controllers will come at some point this year. Have followed Oculus VR updates since kickstarter (not backer), Its just annoying that i have downloaded the free launch games and am ready and waiting for an email at least stating its being prepared for shipping. A UK 28er here half way through a 2 week holiday :neutral:  
    If you're a 28er, you could well be waiting until May for your Rift. There are a heck of a lot of people above you who haven't got the 1-3 week email yet. Having said that, someone posted on Reddit a few mins ago that his pre-order has now been charged, so there's hope things may move today :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,494 Volunteer Moderator
    I have contacted oculus support for cancellation just waiting for the reply , probably take 3 weeks knowing them ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• VizionVRVizionVR Posts: 3,022
    Wintermute
    Hanover said:
    I'm trying to cancel now. I'll get the VIVE, this is utterly ridiculous. Do anyone know how to cancel??
    So then you end up waiting until May...while you see the Rift group you were supposed to be in receiving their head sets.
    I'm not asking for anyone to agree   I'm asking for HELP navigating this mess of a site so I can cancel my pre order. I'd rather wait for a VIVE then do business with a company that doesn't appreciate my business.  
    You have to email support.
    Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
  • fullmeltfullmelt Posts: 276
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016
    Can't believe the shipping has been so bad, I need a beer this is crap need to get away from the forum all it is about negative posts. I will jest go and shoot guns to relieve my stress, had a march order also.
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA / I7 4790K 4.7 GHz OC / NZXT Kraken X61 280mm / 16 gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 Mhz / Evga GTX 980 SC OC, GPU Clock +124 MHz, MEM Clock +175 MHz / ADATA 256 gb SSD, CORSAIR 120 gb SSD, 2 TB HHD / win 10.
  • LexusRuirLexusRuir Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    notsram said:
    LexusRuir said:
    Well im not happy with the current updates but at the same time don't want to cancel, order the Vive and wait until May at the earliest. I don't currently have the space for room VR and am looking for a seated experience knowing that the Touch controllers will come at some point this year. Have followed Oculus VR updates since kickstarter (not backer), Its just annoying that i have downloaded the free launch games and am ready and waiting for an email at least stating its being prepared for shipping. A UK 28er here half way through a 2 week holiday :neutral:  
    If you're a 28er, you could well be waiting until May for your Rift. There are a heck of a lot of people above you who haven't got the 1-3 week email yet. Having said that, someone posted on Reddit a few mins ago that his pre-order has now been charged, so there's hope things may move today :)
    That's what I'm guessing, had an April estimate but seems like everyone like us in the UK haven't heard anything yet, Guess its time to finish off all those half finished games sitting in my steam library!
  • SqMonkey87SqMonkey87 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hanover said:

https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/885981024820727/?ref=hc_fnav

Just click on the part of this page that says "Click here to submit a support ticket".

• asmodyusasmodyus Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    MVIVID said:
    SethG911 said:
    My Stats

Checkout: On My Account
    1-3 Week Email arrived: Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 8:54 PM
    Pre-order confirmed: 20-30 seconds after store went up.
    Order #: 613000023xxxxx

Still no additional info on shipping other than the 1-3 week email.
    So this is sort of interesting. 20-30 seconds you got confirmation, so it's safe to assume your certainly among the first that will (or at least should) get theirs shipped out. Your Order # is 23, min is 25, I ordered within the first 6 min, but I too got my 1-3 week email on March 24 at exactly 9:00 PM (EST). I have a feeling that the very first pre-order until at least the "6 minute" in pre-orders will ship out together. I'd like to see if anyone else past 6 min also got their 1-3 week emails on March 24. We could probably estimate where the cut-off is for all "First Batch" shipments (measured by the amount of min it took for you to get your pre-order in).

ordered 11:07 AM got email on the 24th.

• Kr55Kr55 Posts: 55
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2016
    Checkout:  Registed Account
    1-3 week e-mail: March 24th, 6:53pm MT
    Pre-order confirmed: within 3 minutes
    Order number:  613000026XXXXX

And nothing else since March 24th aside from the generic 1-3 week e-mail on the 28th that gives links for how to buy an Oculus Rift.  I assume this is just sent to everyone with an account.

For the 1-3 week e-mail,I assume everyone is talking about the one with this at the start:
    "Your Rift is almost ready to ship, and your order will be processed in the next 1-3 weeks. For some customers, your actual ship date may differ from the estimate you saw when ordering."
  • kbroderkbroder Posts: 1
    XXXXXXX25XXXXX and only a 1-3 week email.  I ordered 3 minutes into the preorder.
  • Greenfire32Greenfire32 Posts: 367
    Trinity
    Part of me feels bad for those of you getting jerked around (I certainly wouldn't like it!) and part of me is really happy to see all these cancellations as hopefully it will push my June estimate forward :D
  • babblin5babblin5 Posts: 17
    comixcroz said:
    ZachSny said:
    Has anyone seen this yet? Someone is selling a signed Kickstarter Rift. Don't know how real it is -probably fake- but mostly really sad.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-CV1-Autographed-Box-Kickstarter-/291723696989?nav=SEARCH
    Looks legit to me.  Those sigs aren't really adding much value imo.  I never considered the fact that many of the Kickstarters may not even have a PC to be able to run the dang thing.  (he mentions this in the listing).  
    I actually messaged the seller about this, and it's 100% the full product (all the things) and NOT just the box.
  • LexusRuirLexusRuir Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Just checked Ebay again and all the sellers are auctioning with the caveat that they cant agree delivery based on Oculus updates. Anyone would be foolish to bid on those terms for the prices they are charging! 
  • MVIVIDMVIVID Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.....mid, week, slowly, passing, right, by, no, updates, no, shipping, no, transactions, no, nothing...
  • JettStilesJettStiles Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    comixcroz said:
    I find that amazing.  Even if they were conservative, they had to know that 100k of these things would sell.  
    I do wonder: How many units can they manufacture each day?
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3.40 Ghz -- Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3-1600 -- EVGA GTX980 ACX 2.0 -- Asus H97M-Plus -- Asus VG278H 120Hz 3D Monitor
  • StreetPreacherStreetPreacher Posts: 224
    Nexus 6

If you're a 28er, you could well be waiting until May for your Rift. 
    Just in time for SUMMER when I'll be spending most of my outside enjoying the weather, and have very little time to waste wearing an HMD...  I was really hoping to have a Rift to get through the April showers...

Oh well, I guess I can wait until the fall at this point, at which time VR will most likely already be proven a failure :wink: 
    Brain Burst
    Anyone get anything new? Shipping or payment confirmations?
  • MisterBeeboMisterBeebo Posts: 54
    Hiro Protagonist
    I read through this entire thread with the hope that once I was done I would check my email to see the Oculus fairy had visited. No dice. For what it's worth, here's my details:

Checkout: Guest Account
    1-3 week e-mail: March 24th, 6:57pm MT
    Pre-order confirmed: Less than 1 minute
    Order number: 613000024XXXXX
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    April orders should be getting their 1-3 week email in the next few days I hope. 
    Brain Burst
    Aparently some guy who ordered 6 min BEFORE the site went live has his pre-order shipping out. https://np.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cm88j/rift_order_processed_ordered_at_754_am/d1jf984
  • FatMcNastyFatMcNasty Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    MVIVID said:
    Aparently some guy who ordered 6 min BEFORE the site went live has his pre-order shipping out. https://np.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cm88j/rift_order_processed_ordered_at_754_am/d1jf984
    7:55am here and will be here tomorrow. Its not based on order number, its on time the order was submitted. 
  • MaligatorMaligator Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    So then how the heck did they come up with these order numbers?
  • ZandilZandil Posts: 975
    3Jane
    Maligator said:
    This seems to be the most accurate so far in regards to shipping. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cl56j/order_shipments_are_about_order_time_not_order/
  • MaligatorMaligator Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Zandil said:
    Maligator said:
    This seems to be the most accurate so far in regards to shipping. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cl56j/order_shipments_are_about_order_time_not_order/
    OK, thanks. I got the email and I was right at the 6 minute mark using that method.
  • MobileChickenMobileChicken Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited March 2016
    Checkout: MobileChicken
    1-3 week e-mail: March 25th, 00:05 GMT
    Pre-order confirmed: 5 mins 49 secs after site went live according to timestamp method.
    Order number: 6130000256XXXX
    .....nothing else since.
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Tracking:
  • I just noticed something weird on my order... yesterday my pre-order was stating $680.89 on the US, and now it says 644... and shipping is valued as 2.41... could that be some kind of compensation for all this trouble?
  • Lewisc46Lewisc46 Posts: 32
    NerveGear
    Yeah mine is the same. Was 528. But now only 499 and says does not include shipping.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,494 Volunteer Moderator
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Yes finally some news here's a message I received late last night...

"We know you're anxious to receive your Oculus Rift and apologize for not updating your order status sooner. We've been working through an unexpected component shortage, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates for some early customers.

We're working hard to get up-to-date ship windows, and you should expect to see your order status updated on oculus.com by Tuesday, April 12. Although many Rifts will be arriving on schedule and in line with original estimates, we'll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

We're shipping rifts everyday. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Oculus support team if you have additional questions.

The Oculus Team"