cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Prompted to download Oculus Software

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just received my Gear VR and going through the step by step process for setting up the device with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. However when intitially plugging the phone into the Gear VR headset I am never prompted to download the Oculus Software. In fact nothing happens. I have turned the phone off and on and tried again. Nothing seems to work

I have confirmed that the mobile device is connected to wi fi and internet is working properly.
3 REPLIES 3

Merlin5
Explorer
Hmm, just some suggestions.

Make sure to disable lock screen.
Make sure you don't have Package Disabler enabled.
Make sure the micro USB is connected securely, and make sure your phone volume is on so you can hear voice prompts.

You could try this but I don't know if it will work with the S6.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/2pbh7j/want_to_get_a_jump_on_installing_the_gear_vr/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merlin5 said:

Hmm, just some suggestions.

Make sure to disable lock screen.
Make sure you don't have Package Disabler enabled.
Make sure the micro USB is connected securely, and make sure your phone volume is on so you can hear voice prompts.

Confirm on all of the above and still not getting any prompt to download Oculus software on the device. 

K33L
Protege
make sure the phone is updated and all, when I first got my 6 edge+ it did not install, I had a carrier update and after I did that it worked first thing after the restart