CV1 HORRIBLE launch to the public! Will you accept the same broken launch system with Oculus Touch? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

CV1 HORRIBLE launch to the public! Will you accept the same broken launch system with Oculus Touch?

SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
Art3mis
edited March 2016 in General
***Pipe Dreams***

A large number of Kickstarter Backers and Pre-Orders consumers have fell victim to deaf ears from OCULUS. OCULUS, could be doing way better than this regarding the updates/status. Will you find yourself going through this for the Touch controllers that will debut later this year?

On a side note:
I think this was a fixed LAUNCH. Even the delivery of the 1st retail pre-order Rift delivered by Palmer himself just looked cooked up/fixed.

Comments

• maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,779
    Project 2501
    Hell no I won't tolerate another fake paper launch to beat the competition , not even sure I will need the Touch anymore, secured my VIVE preorder a few minutes ago, will see how the situation develops for Oculus in the next few days.
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • SUBZer0VRSUBZer0VR Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    Yes Sir!
  • samsungtx said:
    ***Pipe Dreams***

A large number of Kickstarter Backers and Pre-Orders consumers have fell victim to deaf ears from OCULUS. OCULUS, could be doing way better than this regarding the updates/status. Will you find yourself going through this for the Touch controllers that will debut later this year?

On a side note:
    I think this was a fixed LAUNCH. Even the delivery of the 1st retail pre-order Rift delivered by Palmer himself just looked cooked up/fixed.
    I predict the touch launch will be just as bad as the rift launch. I also predict like this abysmal rift launch there will be nothing we can do about it.
  • maxpare79 said:
    Hell no I won't tolerate another fake paper launch to beat the competition , not even sure I will need the Touch anymore, secured my VIVE preorder a few minutes ago, will see how the situation develops for Oculus in the next few days.
    What delivery date have you been given?
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,142
    Wintermute
    In the real world, the public won't care in the least, and most of the people complaining will have forgotten in six months.
    Art3mis
    I stick to my guns, I don't forget....I just apply my time and money to a more reliable source/company. "Ain't nobody got time for that "

Nothing personal just business!
  • WestaneWestane Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    maxpare79 said:
    Actually just did the same thing. For me it said it'll ship in May, and gods help me I believe them!
  • HanoverHanover Posts: 549
    Neo
    Or...they sold over 175,000 units and only a small percentage are people who actually come to this forum or post on reddit.  There could be hundreds of deliveries this week and we might not know.
  • Westane said:
    maxpare79 said:
    Actually just did the same thing. For me it said it'll ship in May, and gods help me I believe them!
    Time to cancel my Rift and order a Vive.
  • Roming22Roming22 Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    Yeah, I won't care for the Touch much. I'll probably buy it for the novelty factor, but I don't see myself drawn toward it. I'll handle the controllers being late just fine.

Unless I can use them in Elite. They cannot come fast enough if they are put to good use in Elite.
    Art3mis
    edited March 2016
    I agree with everything. However, I am the type of person who will not continue supporting the lack there of regarding customer service from anyone or organization.

OCULUS feels they have the hottest product on the streets at the moment. Confirmed! RIGHT NOW. Your product will be altered/mimicked by another organization that will do it better and deliver as expected.

Many organizations though they could remain in the game and they have faded with time!
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,142
    Wintermute
    Time to cancel my Rift and order a Vive.
    Just hope that by the time they ship yours, they've sorted out the rejected card charging problem some people have complained about on Reddit.