New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Adr1ft and other store titles on a GTX 960?

ScandyScandy Posts: 18
Hi,
I have a Gigabyte GTX 960 4Gb (GV-N960OC-4GD) and I can run perfectly Lucky's Tale and all other launch titles/demos, even on high details (other PC components meet the recommended requirements) with my DK2.

I'd buy other games from the store like Adr1ft, but I'd like to be sure that they can run smoothly with a GTX 960 or equivalent. Any similar experiences so far?

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• DilipDilip Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    edited April 2016
    You brought good news, i had twice ordered and canceled  Gigabyte GV-N960OC-4GD ( I just sold my old trust worthy GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD in wake of VR Revolution *I played Witcher 3 at 1080P at High Quality with that card*.) fearing it wont cut the mark for VR. Both Oculus and HTC state 970 recommended so i guess its because the titles you played are not stressing hardware much as AAA games.I be eager to see how VR Games released 6/7 month from now work in VR with 960, Bottleneck imo is 128Bit bus.. Why on earth nividia crippled this otherwise good config chip this much?

Here is an interesting video

My Advice caution before you buy High end games .. better make small investments in Gear VR best ports

• EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited April 2016
    960 is a just a piece of.....belive me. Not worth it in my opinion, good for playing mine seeker :smile:

Get the 970 and wait for 10XX series (Pascal).
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • Vic20Vic20 Posts: 54
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2016
    (Deleted)
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,115
    Wintermute
    Tom's Hardware benchmarked a number of VR games on a 960 a few days ago. Some ran well, but others couldn't come close to 90fps. Not sure whether Adr1ft was one of the ones they tested, but I've seen some people complain about performance on a 970, so I doubt it will work on a 960.
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
    Trinity
    Obviously, since you already have a 960, you should test it out. Adrift is only 20 dollars. I personally went with th 980ti till the newer cards come out.