cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite Dagerous Oculus store with no Rift

Fredd32
Adventurer
I can't seam to find the answer anywhere, I would like to support Oculus store, can I download the store and buy Elite Dagerous and play on my monitor until my rift arrives?
10 REPLIES 10

maxpare79
Trustee
I have done it the other way around, but I am sure you can just go to your frontier account and get a key to play outside of Home, in the partner key section of your Frontier account

Edit ; I am not home right now but you can locate the launcher for ED o your drive as we and start it outside Home, I will be back in 1h and test it for you
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Fredd32
Adventurer
edit: thanks!

maxpare79
Trustee

Fredd32 said:

edit: thanks!

You can start Elite Launcher from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Software\frontier-developments-plc-elite-dangerous

But if you try to start it from Home it will ask for the HMD
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering - do you have to reinstall Elite to your C: drive to play it with Rift? It's on my d: drive atm.

maxpare79
Trustee
Uninstall...problem is Windows will only uninstall the launcher for some reason, so uninstall the launcher thru add/remove program then find ED directory (user/appdata/roaming if I remember correctly) and delete the Frontier Development folder...after that just get your Oculus Home key and reinstall it through the Oculus Home...

But I do believe if you have the Steam Version these steps aren't necessary, me I didn't have the Steam Version, just bought it straight from Frontier so had to get a key anyway, grabbed the partner key for Oculus Home..

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep C drive only atm.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a pain. Was hoping I'd be able to link to the version on my d: drive. My version is the Frontier one, so I guess I'm looking at a full re-install.

On the bright side, my Rift's not gonna be here for at least a couple of weeks (I'm guessing), so maybe in that time, Oculus will update the software to be able to use other drives.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Fredd32
Adventurer
Thanks again max

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer

notsram said:

Just wondering - do you have to reinstall Elite to your C: drive to play it with Rift? It's on my d: drive atm.

I've had it installed on C: but after i "restored" the oculus home it got deleted, i simply tried to launch the steam version in VR and it worked. (i have a DK2)
Soo, you can both install it trough home or trough steam, it work in both cases 🙂