cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELITE and DANGEROUS Using DK2 with the updated software ISSUES. Please help

tnance24
Sightseer
I have been having issues with my dk2 in a sense that when I start elite and dangerous, it opens in the dk2 but it doesnt show the main menu screen, it just shows a little hour glass with the elite and dangerous stars in the background but it never changes. But the main menu of the game is running on my actual monitor. another thing to add is the HMD quality in the game settings is blocked out.
7 REPLIES 7

edguy1
Protege
From the main menu, option graphics have you selected the HMD to speaker options applied and then accepted, otherwise it reverts back to monitor display.

tnance24
Sightseer

edguy1 said:

From the main menu, option graphics have you selected the HMD to speaker options applied and then accepted, otherwise it reverts back to monitor display.

All I see is the HMD image quality, but the rift is showing the stars in the background, but it also shows a time glass with no main menu

edguy1
Protege
Try going to oculus store settings enabling unknown sources and rebooting.

Jokergod2000
Adventurer
Try switching the oculus off and see if it switches to desktop mode. If it does, restart, then go into ED options and set 3D to hmd headphones. I had to do something like that.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Same thing is happening to me and I still haven't found a solution. So if you find a solution to the problem can you post it here please. Thanks!

Zuhan
Protege
Why do you call it Elite and Dangerous? Its called Elite Dangerous lol where did you get the and?

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
@tnance24 
 found the problem and the solution (for me:)
Ok, i've had the frontier logo on the rift and the game menu on screen, and the hour glass on the bottom right corner.
I went (from the screen) in the graphic setting menu, selected "3D" and "HMD (HEADPHONES)" than clicked apply.
The game crashes, launched it again from the launcher menu (64 bit for me) and it just worked.

Hope to be helpfull