New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Tilted view

kingschiebikingschiebi Posts: 12
NerveGear
Hi,

I notice that the default view plane within the CV1 is tilted to the left for me, as if there was a sensor reporting gravitational force wrong. The angle seems small, but still noticeable even in the default menu where the horizon line does not match up with the real world horizon.

I looked at some of the logs, but did not find anything indicating an error. Also unplugged the headset, plugged it into different ports on the other GPU, switched USB and reinstalled the software as well as recalibrated it.
Also tried moving the sensor camera around, but that does not seem to impact the horizon line rotation.

Maybe I am going crazy, but I am certain that the tilt was not present after the first setup.
Is there a way to do a full reset of the headset and/or force a firmware update or any other troubleshooting option that I may have missed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Gargamel330Gargamel330 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm experiencing the same thing. Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
  • NATED066NATED066 Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have the same issue.  Help would be good
    Hiro Protagonist
    Even just the ability to manually set an offset would help
  • SteffenSteffen Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    What is not wrong with the rift these days, I sure hope it is still worth the wait until I get my rift.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks Cyber!

@Steffen... even with these minor issues, it is still DEFINITELY worth it!  I only notice the tilt in the main menu, never in an actual game or experience.
  • SteffenSteffen Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    @NATED066 Thanks good to know.
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 1,851 Poster of the Week
    Steffen said:
    What is not wrong with the rift these days, I sure hope it is still worth the wait until I get my rift.
    Well...First of all, don't judge the reliability of a product by the amount of traffic in a place people only go to when it breaks...
  • gsparxgsparx Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just wanted to note that I'm seeing the same behavior. Nice to know its a known software issue. Eagerly awaiting a fix.
  • kingschiebikingschiebi Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Good to know that I am not going crazy then. The issue is not that big, but noticeable. Looking forward to the patch.
  • foresterrforesterr Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Same here, although I hardly notice it with the horizon - what looks most obviously skewy is the "your computer does not meet the minimum requirements" warning :P (stupid 2500k staying good enough for ages ;) ) or any other long lines of text.

Good to know a fix is coming!
  • BuckleBeanBuckleBean Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I just noticed this as well. Was it supposed to have been in the latest update?
  • InpuInpu Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    I'm having this issue as well, any update on it ?
  • marathimarathi Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Here aswell!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,223 Oculus Staff
    Please contact Oculus Support. They may be able to fix your problem. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • BTownTKDBTownTKD Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm also experiencing this issue, and it's been about 3 weeks since we expected to see the fix pushed out in a software update.  Is there any new news on this issue?  Will we all have to individually be addressed via support tickets?
  • shanedlmshanedlm Posts: 55
    This is happening on my DK2 as well -- same as the others, just in the past few weeks.   I'm unclear on what's going on here.  At first it would be patched with a software update and now we have to contact support individually instead who 'may' be able to fix it?  Can you please clarify?  Thanks!! :)
  • frvianafrviana Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Also having tilted problems. Waiting for next update.
  • water_water_ Posts: 226
    Nexus 6
    You mean my theory about people sleeping on their sides causing the weight of their brain to shift to one side of their head is wrong?
  • MnemonicMnemonic Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I got my CV1, which is great, but I have exactly same issue, horizon is tilted a bit and no way to fix it by calibration. Please help.
    Any news on this?  Been over a month since it was first reported -- and almost as long since we were told it would be remedied in a software update.
    Please?
  • TheLinx79TheLinx79 Posts: 1
    Same for me. Horizon is tilted a tiny bit to the left. Like the OP, I'm sure it wasn't like that during my first setup. My GTX970 decided it didn't like HDMI after the last Nvidia driver update so I had to change to a HDMI->DVI adapter and re-run setup. Not sure if that's related to the issue.
  • mattnewportmattnewport Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2016
    I just started seeing this problem with the sensor firmware update today (sensor shows Firmware Version 178 / e9c7e04064). It is maddeningly distracting. Any update on a fix?
  • BuckleBeanBuckleBean Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Please help us. Is anyone from Oculus reading this? First reported here on April 3. It's May 20.
  • KemerosKemeros Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    This is not fixed. I'm experiencing this with the 1.4 update and had it with 1.3 as well.
  • loucmachineloucmachine Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    It was not a problem, I looked for that and it was not tilted... and now today I realise its a little bit tilted... and not its tilted enough to be a little bit annoying...
  • loucmachineloucmachine Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    simply  give us an option to recalibrate the tilt and thats it !! 
  • KemerosKemeros Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    simply  give us an option to recalibrate the tilt and thats it !! 
    Maybe there is a file we can edit for that. Maybe...
  • kaaokaao Posts: 2
    Received my Rift yesterday and the view is tilted to the left. Do I have to return it now?